Oak Island in Summer

Rupert

I did some low level flying in summer thinking all the snow and ice might keep the gap which makes it an island invisible. I approached from both sides and found no gap to make it an island.

Having said that, I did look at Google Earth and it isn't terribly easy to detect the gap there either. I assume that or another similar view is that was used to show this area for the sims in the first place. David's RW shot makes it much more obvious than any I found.

Lots of trees, water, and even an occasional boat in summer. But I can't prove by my shots that is in fact an island there.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3 Where it appears the gap and bridge should be near.jpg

4 Looking for the gap.jpg

5 Lots of water on three sides. But no gap shown.jpg

I did a little more research online and found the story line about Oak Island pretty interesting. A buried treasure chest, hidden passageway, assorted trinkets, etc. I'm not surprised someone made a TV show about searching there.

Perhaps I'll swing by Oak Island S.C. and see how it is portrayed as well.

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I like this Oak Island stuff, nice summer pics here:cool::cool::cool:

Here's the Connection to the main land, this "Oak-Island Causeway" is easy to overlook. Not much of a distance...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]229266[/ATTACH]

Great shot!! And no. even online I haven't been able to find a connection. I assume you passed drugs across this causeway?

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

PAH, von Peerhovens all despite drugs!:mad: My last flight was a cargo of mail and bottles with soda. Honest! The soda was French btw. Tasted well. I didn't know the branche, the labels said "Dom Perignon" or something like that. :):pilot: HA! Tasted very welllllllll......Tralala....
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]