How do you change the active runway at an airport?

wtsweeting

The "active" runway is decided by the sim based primarily on wind direction. As far as I am aware there is no way to give one runway priority over another (except change wind direction). All you can do is use ADE (Airport Design Editor) to close the 32/14 runways for takeoff and landing.

There is a method called the star method which involves adding runways at the north pole. But I have no idea how to do it. What it does is tricks the sim to use the other runways. I know Vegas has this setup for FSDremateam's KLAS. It's nice seeing aircraft taking off and landing on all runways. There are other factors that may be used to decide on what an aircraft will pick for a runway to land or take off. I've noticed this when I created Area-51. Either it's length of wight limit. Not sure.

Looks like I found an answer.

Start over using ADE9X instead of AFCAD. For one, there is a tool available in it to automatically build your STAR pseudo runways and place them.

Available at http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filemanager/navega.php?id=2&PHPSESSID=fba94f8dbc64ba5a34d43f5e4e82eb4b and get the tutorials as well.

Regarding taxiing off path open the airport scenery in question in FS and window it. Open AFCAD or ADE in another Window. Be sure you have FSUIPC available, version 3.98 is current for FS9. Tile the windows. Go to an overhead view in FS. In the editors engage the lock button.

In FS run aircraft over the taxiways, slew will do, and observe the cursor in the editor of your choice. See if the cursor in the editor on its taxiway matches the aircraft position in the FS overhead view. If not, the afd type scenery is out of sync weith your visual scenery. It may have to do with the presence of multiple afd type files, scenery priority, or other issues.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?217279-Help-with-cross-runways-and-quot-star-quot-method

Archived