Trains in MSFS2020

I have not yet seen a train on the tracks in the flightsim, lots of vehicles which sometimes do funny things and not even on a highway, but no trains?? Am I missing them somewhere??

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

Oculus Rift 2 Virtual Reality headset.

There aren’t any, well not moving ones anyway, I think I’ve seen some stationary ones at some stations.

It’d be nice to see trains traveling around one day, but I doubt it’s a priority

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• 3 weeks later...
Try flying out of CB2Q (Fort Langley BC. I fly out of there quite often in MSFS and see trains the odd time, (West Coast Express on the north side of the river and CPR/CNR trains on the south side of the river. Not sure how to turn them on as they appear and disappear randomly.

ASUS

Intel core i7-8700

NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 8Gb

DDR4 16G

HDD 1TB

SSD 256GB (M 2)

MSFS2020 Advanced system

Try flying out of CB2Q (Fort Langley BC. I fly out of there quite often in MSFS and see trains the odd time, (West Coast Express on the north side of the river and CPR/CNR trains on the south side of the river. Not sure how to turn them on as they appear and disappear randomly.

What beautiful country that is too. I just did a quick flight there. I did not see any trains though. What settings do you have on your rig? (I am on medium settings with 50% road traffic). Perhaps that is the answer to missing trains for some of us.

I will give that a try--have the flightsim.to version of Fort Langley--used to fly a Seabee out of the real airport, but it was not paved then, is it actually paved now?? The MSFS2020 is!!

Edited by jrdale210
spelling

Windows 11 MB MSI X-570 -A Pro, CPU--AMD Ryzen 5-5600 3.7 GHz, 6 core, 16G Ram, DDR 3600 MHz AMD Radeon 6800 Graphics card.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, Saitek Autopilot and Switch panel, Echo (Arduino build) autopilot and controller, Saitek Rudder pedals. 3 Monitors.

I'm surprised that smoothly operating trim wheels are not on the list.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

Thanks Paul--so nice to see some airports thriving. Oh and Jim--definitely trim wheels and smoke from diesels and real smoke from countries still running coal LOL