msfs2020 unplayable

Hello, I bought Microsoft Flightsimulator Premium Deluxe last year in april as well as a new joystick Thrustmaster T.16000. All updates of the software have been installed. I'm using now version 1.22.2.0 which includes the latest world update (Australia). My system specs: CPU Intel i5 8400, Video card Nvidia GTX 1060 - 6GB, Ram 32 GB. After some playing around and experimenting with the software, calibrating and configuring the joystick I wanted to start flying around with the Cessna airplanes.

However it seems impossible to control the plane once in the air. No matter how I adjust the sensitivity settings and other options, the plane overreacts on the slightest movement of the joystick. I make sure that the autopilot is turned off and the Flight Model is on Modern but nothing helps so far. I tried my old joystick the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, but the problem remains the same. Impossible to control, manoeuvre the plane. I switched back to my previous flightsimulator X-Plane 11 and both joysticks work perfect and react smoothly and properly as it should be with the X-Plane simulator. So I believe it is not a hardware problem, but there must be some problem with the Microsoft software. I learned from the internet that many people experience the same problem as I do. I have tried many "solutions" proposed from different people on internet forums, but so far I did not succeed in getting it solved.

If the problem cannot be solved I will be obliged to completely remove the MSFS2020 software and switch back to X-Plane 11.

I'm desperate and hopes somebody can help me to find a solution for this problem.

Regards

Yvan

I had the same problem with the Thunder Pro joystick could never adjust the stick or calibrate it to fly, BUT if you buy the Microsoft AirBus joystick that they sell you will not have any problem flying the aircraft because the joystick is calibrated for that MSFS software , no calibration it will fly right off the start. Its about $99 so return the stick you bought for that one.

The T.1600 works perfectly for me. I have the Ailerons and elevator assigned to axis X and Y as does

Cavulife, but I left the rudder unassigned because I have pedals. I bet the OP has assigned Aileron left and right and elevator up and down instead of using the axis.

i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

First thing is to turn off all Assistance. Then double check the assignments for the joystick to make sure they didn't get reset with a recent update.

I've got the same joystick and I've got it set like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]229088[/ATTACH]

Thanks for your reply. The assignments for the joystick are exactly the same as yours, but the problem is not solved even after turning off all assistance.

Rgds

Yvan

I have the ailerons, elevator and rudder assigned to the different axis as you proposed. I turned off all assistance as proposed by Cavulife but no result. the problem remains. My only hope is that Microsoft might come up sooner or later witch a patch or update to solve the problem.

Rgds

Yvan

jamota:

These Thrustmaster settings have worked well for me new out of the box. Here's a screen grab of my settings, hope this can help you along with your issue. I have not needed to make any adjustments since the stick was installed. Click on the image to zoom in.

Thrustmaster-T-16000-M-FCS.jpg

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

I also have the Thrustmaster T16000, and have had no issues whatsoever.

It will be difficult for Microsoft or anybody to fix until the actual problem is determined.

I do not think it is the Sim.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Hi Yvan,

My sympathy and unfortunately little else that is of practical help, although PLEASE - do persevere:-)

I am a Computer Numpty and although I've tried practically ALL the flight Sims out there since about 1984 AND done a fair bit of real flying I had, until very recently, always returned to my trusty MS Flight Sim 9. It did ALL I wanted to do in flight Simming & as said, I've bought and tried virtually all the OTHERS :-) However, very recently I bought the NEW MSFS and have to say (luckily) have had no real problems...... Clearly there is a steep learning curve - I'm still on that BUT, again I ask that you persevere! It really WILL be worthwhile AND, frankly, I think whatever your problem is - it is not likely to be the Sim. I have all sorts of reasons for thinking that and to be fair, little hard technical evidence - I'm a Computer Numpty remember ;-)

Your problems are likely to be simple settings or similar simple things somewhere - maybe in your Windows or other settings on your Computer. It is very easy, reading some of the Post on Sim Forums, to become disenchanted BUT - almost all the problems people have with getting their MSFS to run are simple.

Keep at it - read all you can and be methodical. You will get there, many thousands - Nay, millions ARE flying and enjoying this Sim...... and there really is a LOT to enjoy!

Good Luck

Phil

Edited by ratimics