FSX SDK SP2 will not install?

pomak249

Hi I cannot get the SDK SP2 to install on top of my SDK SP1a - it just produces a box saying it wasnt installed and to run setup later?? I have installed the SDK RTM from my Deluxe disk and SDK SP1a installed ok. I ran the SDK configurator because i have installed away from the default location.

I tried opening the SP2.installer (unlike SP1a it is just an installer.exe) with 7z hoping I could maybe copy the contents across but the files contained therein are in no discernable order so impossible to copy across!

Any pointers guys?

Windows10, FSX Deluxe boxed

Cheers

Mick

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Hi Mr Zippy yep thats what I did, the components are listed in my [trusted] list in my fsx.cfg although I wasnt prompted to allow them? But the 'tools' button is not on my toolbar in FSX?

P:\MICROSOFT FLIGHTSIMULATORX\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll.ionbzbbtinqrzblaeteitucbzheerrbtcucbwrza=0

P:\MICROSOFT FLIGHTSIMULATORX\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll.wqhbecwrnureeowwhrnkeqwoakiohciqcwtikktl=0

P:\MICROSOFT FLIGHTSIMULATORX\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll.nurhzlaqneuewcckoquiraolbaczbbtazklhhkbk=0

I tried changing =0 to =1 but FSX just defaults back to =0 (not sure what the long names are at the end?)

Maybe all would be ok If I could get the SP2 to install?

Failing that will just bin it!!

My Deluxe is patched up to SP2 btw

Calling it a day now will try again tomorrow!!

Edited by pomak249

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

Hi wim did all that thats why i started a new post, still doesnt explain why SDK SP2 will not install??