FSX Steam

ac103010

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon people.

cessnaflyer made an honest mistake. He thought acc was not included, wrongly. That's all.

Calling this "misinformation" (Which means: "purposefully spreading false information with malicious intent") is way over the top.

Let it go already.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. He said he read it somewhere. Well, nowhere is it stated that SE doesn't include Acceleration.

2. Nothing takes 8-10 hours to download from Steam, even if you are using a dial up modem and a phone line from 15 years ago.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

C'mon people.

cessnaflyer made an honest mistake. He thought acc was not included, wrongly. That's all.

Calling this "misinformation" (Which means: "purposefully spreading false information with malicious intent") is way over the top.

Let it go already.

I chose my words carefully. Misinformation simply means "giving inaccurate information." Disinformation is "false information which is intended to mislead"

FUD is an equivalent form of trolling.. and god forbid you actually have to download Train Simulator before you can play it.

On a positive note, I learned a new acronym/word today, so thank you! :cool:

*wanders away, hearing "Be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting WABBITS!" in his head*

i7-10700K @3.8-5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM, GTR-2060 Super 8GB, 2x SSDs

1. He said he read it somewhere. Well, nowhere is it stated that SE doesn't include Acceleration.

2. Nothing takes 8-10 hours to download from Steam, even if you are using a dial up modem and a phone line from 15 years ago.

well I will share more information take as you like. I KNOW from EXPIERINCE that to download train simulator games from dovetail took 7 to 8 hours. I should know cause I had 1,200 hours with there games. and I have a cable internet connection!!! any more misinformation you care to spread sir???

giving up on flight simulation for good:D

well there have been steam games I have bought that where pretty quick to but not there train simulators. by the way I did not mean to hijack the crap out of the OP's thread. lol it also depends on the internet connection you have.

I think fsx to me 15 minutes, max.

Same here, 15-20 minutes for FSX:SE, and I'm only running 15Mbps download speed because I'm too "pecuniary" :cool: to spring for the high-dollar blazing-fast service.

ok so we know it's on sale I still won't buy it because it's a steam game. the problem i see with that is when steam act ignorant and crashes you can't fly. with the box version you can still fly internet connection or not after the thing is activated of course. but what is the size of the steam game? and when i was downloading the train simulator i was getting 250 kiga bytes per second.

1. The latest patch will remove the Steam internet requirement.

Already did. Patch came out a couple of weeks ago or so, there has been no internet requirement for FSX:SE since then. Meaning, "when steam act ignorant (sic)" FSX:SE is still playable.

Also, and more to your point, this fact has been mentioned at least twice in this very thread prior to this latest round of, um, whatever this has devolved into.

I was not able to start FSX without having Steam start with an active internet connection. Can anyone? And if so, how?

Ditto....

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I was not able to start FSX without having Steam start with an active internet connection. Can anyone? And if so, how?

I clicked "Steam" at the top left of the open Steam window, then "Go Offline." After confirming that I really wanted to do that, Steam restarted in offline mode. I then launched FSX as usual and it opened right up.

You have to make sure that "Do not store credentials on this computer" is NOT checked, and that the game is up to date, which it should be unless you have disabled automatic updates for that game. I don't know of any requirements beside that, but that's not to say there aren't any.

I clicked "Steam" at the top left of the open Steam window, then "Go Offline." After confirming that I really wanted to do that, Steam restarted in offline mode. I then launched FSX as usual and it opened right up.

Are you sure you launched Steam Edition and not boxed?

Are you running the update Beta?

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I thought you was Mister know it all about computers??? any way here is what a kilobyte is. http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chspace.htm Google can be your friend.

He was pointing to your typographical error by typing "kigabyte" instead of "gigabyte..."

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

My FSX:SE hasn't updated as of last night. But it is really a nonissue for me. I don't have paranoid misconceptions about having to stay online while flying. I'm on broadband so I am online all the time. Plus I use VATSIM and one ACARS or another that uses a live feed, so I am online for those as well.
http://my.flightmemory.com/pic/tvieno.gifhttp://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk/Status/1136602.jpg

I clicked "Steam" at the top left of the open Steam window, then "Go Offline." After confirming that I really wanted to do that, Steam restarted in offline mode...

I don't understand.

Does that mean that before you clicked "go offline" it was online?

Can you start it (from: I clicked "Steam" at the top left of the open Steam window, so from the start.) without interweb connected to your computer at all? (no cables, no wireless internet, etc.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't understand.

Does that mean that before you clicked "go offline" it was online?

Can you start it (from: I clicked "Steam" at the top left of the open Steam window, so from the start.) without interweb connected to your computer at all? (no cables, no wireless internet, etc.)

You have to go online at least once. When you click "Go Offline," a flag file is installed that 'proves' your bona fides.

From now on, clicking on the FSX:SE icon will NOT force you to connect. In fact, you can totally disconnect your computer from internet access and still run FSX:SE.

It's not really all that complicated!

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived