Ailerons Problem

Jim Hall

I purchased a new Redbird Yoke and calibrated it with Windows 10 successfully. I set it up with FSX and set the ailerons sensitivity to 100% and null 0%. I watched the ailerons move from external rear and they seemed to move properly. On my maiden flight in the default Cessna 172 Skyhawk the elevators worked fine but the ailerons were very very sluggish. I tried the yoke with MS2020 and the ailerons worked fine. Any ideas as to what is happening with FSX? I want to fly FSX as I mentioned in a previous post because of so many problems with MS2020.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

I'd try these settings:

Under Settings - Controls, Calibration:

Sensitivity and null zone

Simple Controls

Sensitivity - all axes: 127

Null Zones - all axes: 1

Keyboard Sensitivity

Set all, ailerons, rudder and elevator, to 64

And,

Under Settings Realism

Flight Model

Set all 5 parameters to the maximum "realistic"

Thank you, Ray. I did as you suggested and saw no change to serious sluggishness in the ailerons. Autopilot ailerons fine. I checked to make sure no other controller was assigned to the ailerons.
i7-7700k @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 GB DDR4/3000,2280 SSD M.2,Genome II Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 rear exhaust, Samsung 40" HDTV & Two 24" HP side monitors. Redbird Alloy yoke, pedals, and throttle. A single Saitek Instrument Panel and Cessna trim wheel. Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. Windows 10 64 bit. 58 measured Mbps.

A good try Ray: anybody using Redbird Yoke with FSX successfully?

Update: I disconnected all my flight controls from the computer and reconnected them this time plugging in my yoke USB directly into the computer. I went through the Redbird Yoke calibration twice then opened FSX and tried a flight with the Cessna 172--the ailerons worked! I don't know which of the things I did fixed the problem but I'm happy now. Thanks all for your patience.

Yes, my single hub was powered.

Jim