I ran the sim on a laptop and a desktop that meet the required specs. On the desktop it could load the game and ended up on the desktop when the loading was on the yellow husky, before the checking for updates screen. Attemtping to fix this I resorted to reseting the game and find myself downloading the whole thing again. Funny enough, it did not want to download anything until this morning. But then, it suddenly did and I could start the main downloader. When it asked for a drive (I use an SSD for this, which was working great until the CTDs) it would not accept the root folder - so I'm now installing onto a E:\MSFS directory. The laptop seems to be surviving at the moment. I've got no potential fixes to contribute but have heard of people reinstalling the MS Store, removing and reinstalling gamingServices... None of these worked for me. The errors in the CTDs do correspond to other reports on CTDs but that's all I can say. No idea what causes these. I expect that upon finishing the download I will find mysels in CTD land again. (*sigh*). All I can say is that the latest fixes seem to be creating more problems than those they are meant to resolve. Very frustrating.

R.

The laptop is an HP with a Ryzen 7 w/ 16GB RAM and GTX 1660 graphics w/ 6GB dedicated video memory and it works great...so far.

The desktop is an DELL Optiplex 9020 with 16GB RAM, GTX 1650 w/ 4GB.

Just to add - this is the event viewer report on the CTDs:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000001e14fed

Faulting process ID: 0x2708

Faulting application start time: 0x01d78c6276af76ff

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

Report ID: 4f13dc85-e13c-431d-99c0-7cee4e3909bf

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

I've managed to download the lot and the installer startet the game for me. I did all the marketplace updates and managed a flight. It seem the reinstallation worked and didn't get things worse as I anticipated. The issue is that the MS Store still thinks it needs to download stuff and give the error Code: 0x803FB107...