Steam and blurred textures

Yes, I use SP1. I upgraded to SP2 once a while ago, and found it gave me a performance hit, so I reverted to SP1. The textures always start clear, then go after a while, no matter the location, so it isn't a missing file issue. Running FS-2004 seems to be okay.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Yes, I use SP1. I upgraded to SP2 once a while ago, and found it gave me a performance hit, so I reverted to SP1. The textures always start clear, then go after a while, no matter the location, so it isn't a missing file issue. Running FS-2004 seems to be okay.

Might you want to try SP2 again and worry about the performance hit later? You may be surprised!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

SP1 has bugs SP2 fixes. In addition, nearly every add-on requires it.

The problems you have are probably because of SP1.

-Pv-

2 carrot salad, 10.41 liter bucket, electric doorbell, 17 inch fan, 12X14, 85 Dbm

Absolutely true, people have offered a ton of tips, and I appreciate them all. The problem is that I haven't gotten any result. Attached is a screenshot of the default flight around Friday Harbour, after about 15 minutes.

I have no add on scenery, using a default aircraft. Deleted the cfg and let it recreate at the default settings.

I have also attached the same shot I posted in the previously mentioned thread, which shows a default a/c somewhere north of NYC.

Adding scenery didn't cause the issue, as mentioned it was that I replaced my old pc with an upgraded one, and for some reason all these issues started then.

Yep, something is wrong there. That is bad. How much ram does your video card have?

That would be something I would expect from a really puny video card. Or it's quickly

using up video memory if it starts out sharp. Some on board video schemes use part of

the system memory, and you could see that, if that is the case, and the video is not set

up right, or you are running low on memory, which in turn starves the available video

memory.

If onboard video, you might want to check for settings in the BIOS that might need

to be tweaked.

I don't think FSX itself is the issue. Something with your puter..

When I upgraded the graphics card on my old Vista machine and installed the latest driver I had a similar problem getting SP1 to work. The ground texture would sometimes go blurry and the aircraft texture would sometimes go blurry at certain zoom levels as if it was using the wrong set of textures for the distance. I got it working by using the oldest driver that supported my new graphics card. You probably won't find an older driver that will work with SP1 and supports Windows 8.1 and modern graphics cards.

I bought Gold edition when it was selling for a low price. It's running well on my Windows 8.1 machine with the latest graphics driver and the graphics card I bought for my old Vista machine GTX550Ti. Some aircraft I downloaded works in SP1 but not in Gold and vice versa.

Yes, looks fine when it starts, but get worse and worse over time. There's lot's of ventilation, and the temp in the case is fine as well.

If it runs okay to begin with but gets worse, overheating springs to mind, but you say the temp in the case is "fine". How do you know that?

For the record, I had overheating probs a couple of years ago causing games to freeze or stutter, and the case seemed warm to the touch.

The comp shop said "the heat-insulating paste between some components has gone brittle and needs replacing", so they replaced it and the prob was solved.

Not sure what to say now. I installed SP2, and the blurred textures are better, though I'll have to do some experimenting to see whether they go after a while. But my favourite area to fly, now the scenery is all buggered up.

*Sigh* if it isn't one thing...

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

Archived