Problem with Logitech G Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Throttle Quadrant in MS2020

Hi Folks,

My Logitech G Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Throttle Quadrant works fine in P3D and X-Plane 11. However, the Throttle Quadrant is not recognised in MS2020 Control Options, and I am unable to map Throttle, Flaps and Spoilers to MS2020.

The Quadrant is connected to the Yoke by a PS/2 plug. I have just learned the a separate Quadrant Throttle, with a usb, is available, and I wonder if this could resolve the problem.. I don't want to spend £50 and have the same problem, so I hope someone can advise me.

IntelCore i9 9900 8 Core Socket 1151 (3.6GHz) 12 MB Cache Overclockable. nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

32 GB Corsair DDR4 3000MHz C15 Quad Channel Memory Kit (4x8GB). P3Dv5 MS2020 X-Plane11. Windows 10

Hi

The ps/2 throttle doesn’t show as a separate device in MSFS, the levers are detected via the yoke device. If you select the yoke and then alter a settings such as flaps or throttle, the levers should be detected by the game.

Just ensure your levers show up under Windows > control panel> devices first.

Also, there is no speed brake control in MSFS, they are spoilers 😀

Hi Chickster25, and thanks for replying.

Throttle Quadrant does not show in Control Panel>devices. This is why I wondered if a direct usb would resolve the issue.

Regards

IntelCore i9 9900 8 Core Socket 1151 (3.6GHz) 12 MB Cache Overclockable. nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB GDDR6 Graphics Card

32 GB Corsair DDR4 3000MHz C15 Quad Channel Memory Kit (4x8GB). P3Dv5 MS2020 X-Plane11. Windows 10

Appears like the issue is with the quadrant. When it’s plugged in is there a green light on it?

If so, it would seem like the connection is good so you may want to check for updated drivers.

If no light then it would seem to be dead.

Yes the green light is on. I have now tried, without success, using a PS2 to usb adaptor.

I have the same yoke & quadrant and it works just fine in MSFS 2020.

However... the quadrant does not show up as a 'separate' item in the controls, just the yoke, but you can map the levers to whatever function you wish in the same manner as you assign other things.

In the Controls section, select the yoke, then go to the desired function e.g. Throttle axis, clear whatever is currently linked to it and then operate the lever you want to use and MSFS will detect it. Then just save before exiting that screen. The other two levers and three rocker switches on the quadrant can be similarly assigned as you wish.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

If the quadrant is not being picked up in Windows, then it’s not going to work in MSFS.

Seems like a hardware fault or driver issue. Have you downloaded the saitek /Logitech Flight Yoke software?

As Chicagorandy has already said... the Throttle unit will not show up in Windows as a separate item. This is normal.

Only the yoke shows, but the levers will be displayed as part of the yoke if you go into the yoke’s settings.

Personally, I no longer have this setup but I do have a Saitek Throttle unit with a USB plug - now this one does show up as a separate item (& works ok)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi Guys,

chicagorandy,JohnnyJohnJohn,chickster25, amberdog1 and g7rta. I thank you all for replying, and I greatly appreciate your help.

chicagorandy, I followed your instructions and I'm pleased to say the Quadrant levers are now in working order...which it seems is more than can be said for my old brain! I was making mistakes in the mapping process!

When covid restrictions are eased/lifted, I look forward to enjoying my 80th Birthday present from my Family. A 1 hour lesson in a C172. Chocks away!!

Thank you all

Kind regards

Andy

Yes the green light is on. I have now tried, without success, using a PS2 to usb adaptor.

When you plug in via a separate USB socket does the throttle quadrant show up as a separate unit in the Options/Controls menu as I think it should (you may have to "slide" the selector bar across to show it). If not I would guess it's a hardware fault.

Thank you JohnnyJohnJohn.

Andy

As my Throttle Quadrant is now working ok, I wont be buying the Quad with the usb.

The problem was due to my mistake when mapping the control..Senior Moment!

Regards

Andy

I had two used throttle quadrants both with the PS/2 plug. Both were not really recognized and they also did not work correctly most of the time. Out of frustration I purchased a new USB connected version, actually plugged it into one of the USB sockets on the back of the yoke housing and voila`, I haven't had a throttle issue since that day. Its not a terribly expensive way to resolve that issue. Good luck. :D

Thank you for the info. It would seem that the majority of users seem to have no problem, while a few others, like you and I,do unfortunately. I have now got the Flap lever and the Throttle lever working ok, however the Spoilers, which I have mapped, is intermittent.

I may well buy the USB version

Kind regards

Andy

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, gsmorgansen said:

All Logitech peripherals use usb2.  Plug it in to one and see if it works.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the original poster has likely already resolved this problem from 2021? But as a former funeral director/embalmer I do enjoy a nice necropost now and then.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx