OBS & DME questions

Greetings All,

I can easily set a particular VOR frequency using the knob on the VOR unit. A problem arises, however, when I attempt to adjust the OBS. I'm able to turn the OBS knob (albeit slowly) but the circular heading dial(card) does not move. I've tried a number of mapping options but none has worked so far. Currently I am using Joystick R - Axis Y- along with Increase VOR1 OBS. Suggestions?

I would love to use the DME function in the 152. I know exactly where the DME window is on my own 150 - but where is it on the 152 in MSFS 2020?

Thanks.

The 152 does not have DME. I discovered this on a flight yesterday. I did read that you can download mods to get DME but personally I'm not going to do that at this time. I did successfully dial in 2 VOR's on my flight but in the end it was the NDB that got me to my destination. I guess I will use the V map and a flight plan to get me to a destination from now on.

The 152 does not have DME. I discovered this on a flight yesterday. I did read that you can download mods to get DME but personally I'm not going to do that at this time. I did successfully dial in 2 VOR's on my flight but in the end it was the NDB that got me to my destination. I guess I will use the V map and a flight plan to get me to a destination from now on.

Thank you for your response. That's a bummer. Do you know whether the DME is not a possibility in the actual 152 - or just the virtual one. I find it very helpful in my actual 150.

Certainly a real C-152 can have a DME, given the proper installed avionics. It's just another piece of radio gear. But the owner has to determine if it's worth the expense for his intended usage. It seems that whoever made decisions for the equipage of the specific C-152 in the sim decided that since it wasn't typical for a C-152 to have a DME that they wouldn't put it in the one in the sim.

I find it very helpful in my actual 150.

There's not really much difference between the late model C-150 and the C-152 other than the engine and a slight redesign of the airframe. Of course the early C-150 was quite a bit different (I liked it better), and was actually more comfortable.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!