Flytampa Maarten runway textures

josefabio

I just installed St Maarten and I'm getting this problem. I deactivate DX10 preview and the spots become black. How can I get the normal textures back?[ATTACH=CONFIG]177329[/ATTACH]

can you provide us your sytem specs ?, it'll help us help you better

graphics card and OS are important info.

I just installed St Maarten and I'm getting this problem. I deactivate DX10 preview and the spots become black. How can I get the normal textures back?

To me (probably just me :confused:) it's not clear whether the pic is made with or without DX10 preview. FlyTampa recommends (even insists) not using DX10, except when using Steve's DX10 fixer.

Could you post a pic of the "other" setup ?

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

...it's not clear whether the pic is made with or without DX10 preview.

Actually it is very clear.

In DX10 Mode missing textures are replaced with a file named bkg.bmp which can be found in the root FSX folder.

This does not happen in DX9. Either the missing textures will be black or in the case of scenery objects, they will be invisible.

Either way, the OP is missing the custom runway textures, or not waiting long enough for them to load.

This might be the case for the OP as he is running FSX on a notebook CPU that runs at 2.5GHz.

It would be helpful to know what addon the OP is using.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

He did say FlyTampa St. Maarten.

He did, my bad.

I do not have it on my lappie so I cannot check what textures are used that he might be missing.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thats exactly the download I used. weird that a few minutes earlier I uninstalled it because of flickering textures. I just reinstalled FSX, and it has worked perfectly before with this scenery, I don't know what I did differently this time.

Archived