JetBlue to Bermuda

I mentioned in my last post that I attempted a JetBlue flight to the Bahamas but just ran out of steam and quit before getting there. Last night I finally got in a JetBlue flight, this time to Bermuda which was a bit shorter than going to Nassau. The story of this flight was the wind. It was windy in Boston, we had a really strong tailwind which got us to Bermuda early, and the wind in Bermuda caused me to have my most firm touchdown in a long time. It's also worth noting that I'm not a fan of this apparently off white JetBlue livery, but otherwise it was a fun flight. JetBlue 203 from Boston to Bermuda, here we go!

BOS_BER_1.jpg

Catering is done, fuel is loaded and the bags are on. Just waiting for the last of the passengers to load up and then we're heading for Bermuda

BOS_BER_2.jpg

The pushback tug is heading back to the gate area as we run through the after start checklist

BOS_BER_3.jpg

"JetBlue 203, Boston Tower, winds are 310 at 13 gusting to 23, runway 33 left, cleared for takeoff"

BOS_BER_4.jpg

We got a great view of the city while climbing out of Boston

BOS_BER_5.jpg

Passing Nantucket which will be the last bit of land we see until reaching Bermuda

BOs_BER_6.jpg

Like I said, the tailwind was pretty strong. It actually reached 179kt at one point later on in the flight.

BOS_BER_7.jpg

The weather was not great on our descent into Bermuda. Low clouds, rain and wind.

BOS_BER_8.jpg

The island of Bermuda coming into view as we come out of the rain. Bonus rainbow thrown in there as well!

BOS_BER_9.jpg

Turning to intercept the localizer for runway 30

BOS_BER_10.jpg

Winds were 320 at 25kt gusting to 35kt, and although I put it on the centerline, it was a bit of a firm landing (399 fpm)

BOs_BER_11.jpg

"JetBlue would like to welcome you to Bermuda! We hope you enjoy your stay once your backs start feeling better from that landing!"

Thanks for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Beautiful pics (so jealous....) with respect I noticed you have RTX 2060 as GPU which seems to be a 6GB unit. As I'm still looking for a MSFS capable system (for a price I can afford) I'm shocked by the prices of 8GB units, usually no less than $800 in my country. I have 1440p monitor. May I ask if your AMD CPU and Intel based GPU work fine together and please may I ask on what max settings you can run your MSFS? Your CPU GPU setup might very well be an option I could afford. Many thnx in advance for your reply.................... Edited by piet06273

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

Beautiful pics (so jealous....) with respect I noticed you have RTX 2060 as GPU which seems to be a 6GB unit. As I'm still looking for a MSFS capable system (for a price I can afford) I'm shocked by the prices of 8GB units, usually no less than $800 in my country. I have 1440p monitor. May I ask if your AMD CPU and Intel based GPU work fine together and please may I ask on what max settings you can run your MSFS? Your CPU GPU setup might very well be an option I could afford. Many thnx in advance for your reply....................

My computer handles MSFS very well! I built it right around the time the new RTX cards were dropping, and I anticipated that it would be impossible to get one for some time so I went with the RTX 2060 as a "placeholder". However, it has done an awesome job handling any game I've played so I'm not upgrading anytime soon.

I did a lot of research on AMD CPU's and NVidia GPU's being in the same system before buying, and it seems the days of there being issues with the two working together are gone. I've had no issues at all with either one slowing the other down. I run MSFS on high settings, and a few ultra settings including clouds, and I probably average around 40+ FPS. I sometimes also run REX Weather, PACX, and an ACARS program in the background in addition to MSFS, and it still does fine. The 32 gigs of RAM helps too.

Great series Chris. Having flown in and out of Bermuda many times in the RW these bring back many memories - especially the next to last shot of your windy approach to runway 30! :pilot:

Thanks, Bill! I haven't been to Bermuda yet, but one of the surprising things to me is just how close it is to the Northeast portion of the US. The flight from Boston was the same distance as a flight from Boston to Charlotte would be. I always assumed it was further.