I have a Reverb G2 but haven’t had chance to try it with MSFS yet. I will do when I get home from work in a few hours.

I tried it on XP11 & also a couple of other sims and it’s superb! Certainly better than my Quest & the Rift (CV1) I used to have

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Got home from work this morning at about 7am after doing a 12 hour shift. I haven’t been to bed yet as I’ve spent the last 4 or 5 hours flying in VR. It appeared to be a little jerky at first but then that cleared all of a sudden. The scenery was a little blurry but after checking my graphics settings, everything was on low instead of ultra.

It still might be a little blurry but I don’t mind. The Immersion is fantastic!

I’ve tried a few different aircraft & they all give that feeling of actually being on board. The cockpit gauges are certainly clear with the Reverb G2

I recommend buying the Aermacchi MB339!

https://orbxdirect.com/product/indiafoxtecho-mb339-msfs

It was good before, but in VR it’s excellent. :)

First impressions of MSFS in VR... I love it!

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

I just got the Rift S and it is far better than my old CV1. I'm able to fly on medium and some high settings and the sim is doing ok. I am using an overclocked 1070Ti and it is crying about it but doing it's job. I am just flying in less densely populated areas like Alaska and the Grand Canyon and I can say that the immersion is fantastic! It truly is like actually being in a real plane! I would recommend not flying around the bigger cities with an old graphics card like mine unless you like slide shows.

Caveat regarding the following 'dumb' question - I am at present most blissfully ignorant of ALL things VR.

How does one control the things I now control with yoke, throttle quadrant, mouse & keyboard were one to don said VR headset/goggles?

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Caveat regarding the following 'dumb' question - I am at present most blissfully ignorant of ALL things VR.

How does one control the things I now control with yoke, throttle quadrant, mouse & keyboard were one to don said VR headset/goggles?

Not a dumb question at all Randy, I find I can control my Honeycomb yoke, Saitek throttles & mouse through touch. You soon get to know where they are so it’s not much different.

Not sure I’ll manage as well when my Honeycomb throttles finally arrive LOL

One thing that is awkward though... using the keyboard. I try to avoid this for obvious reasons.

Of course with some sims (& a lot of games) use the headset’s own “hand controllers”

I don’t play DCS but I believe you can use the hand controllers with that. As you move the controllers around in your hands, you can see an animated version of your hands on screen.. these can be used to press/hold controls within your virtual aircraft.

Personally though, I’d still prefer to hold my actual yoke etc rather than do it this way.

I have used XP11 in VR & you can do either. I use the controller to change views or my seating position but I still use my yoke for flying.

With MSFS there is no headset controller option yet though.

Hope all this makes sense.

By the way.. if you’ve never tried flying in VR.. it’s an experience! You’ll be blown away (everytime) you try it :) especially with a good headset like the G2

Regards

Steve