FSX SimConnect Issue

Skyseek

So I re-installed FSX Deluxe.

I have three versions here in the C:\Windows\WinSxS folder:

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20

x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568

I am not seeing the Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll installed anywhere on my computer. Do I need to run the setup from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\lib folder? I thought this was for client computers only.

Where does the SimConnect setup install the FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll i? In the FSX main folder or C:\Windows\WinSxS folder? I thought it installed a SimConnect.DLL in the current FSX main folder. A little confused, here.

Then the next step is to get SP1 and SP2 installed in that order. There are posts out there that go in to detail on how to do this. I assume this will update SimConnect to the latest version.

Thanks for any help!

You say there's an issue? Or are you just trying to locate the DLL? The DLL is not in the FSX install folder. I count at least four different locations along with other related stuff in the main Sim folder.

I just installed SP1 then SP2. Kinda common sense. I don't think you have to do anything above and beyond that.

You can test if Simconnect is working by trying LittleNavMap. Go to Scenery Library and load the database. Now under Tools go to Flight Simulator Connection and make sure its fetching AI. I do an update interval of 1000 ms (1 second). Make sure it connects automatically. While LittleNavMap is running, fire up the Sim and you should see your aircraft and AI all around you. It'll also show AI helicopters. You have to buy that add-on though for AI helicopters. It's called HeliTraffic 2009 from Flight 1.

You say there's an issue? Or are you just trying to locate the DLL? The DLL is not in the FSX install folder. I count at least four different locations along with other related stuff in the main Sim folder.

I just installed SP1 then SP2. Kinda common sense. I don't think you have to do anything above and beyond that.

You can test if Simconnect is working by trying LittleNavMap. Go to Scenery Library and load the database. Now under Tools go to Flight Simulator Connection and make sure its fetching AI. I do an update interval of 1000 ms (1 second). Make sure it connects automatically. While LittleNavMap is running, fire up the Sim and you should see your aircraft and AI all around you. It'll also show AI helicopters. You have to buy that add-on though for AI helicopters. It's called HeliTraffic 2009 from Flight 1.

Simconnect . dll is NOT a flightsim file and should NOT be located in the FSX folder.

Does that answer your question?

Yes thank you for responding! So just to confirm, first install SP1. Then SP2, That should get me to the latest SimConnect version...

Thank you again!

That's what I did. Shouldn't be a problem at all. I don't know if it'll update SimConnect, but I imagine it would if the service packs have an update for SimConnect.

Might be interested in this: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?280589-What-s-SimConnect

Some more pertinent information: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?20588-Microsoft-FSX-Service-Packs

Edited by CRJ_simpilot