Hi Guys,

Ive been flying the sim since it came out, Im running it on a laptop medium range for the sim, after several of the first updates I manage to make it work just fine but now I have an issue with the clouds. after the update that came before the USA one the clouds look like a strobe light, flashing in and out very fast, I tried everything in the settings and nothing, I dont know if somebody else has the issue, If so please enlighten me to fix it, since then Ive been flying in clear weather which takes away half of the fun.

Cheers

Oscar

There's a thread on the FS Insider forums about this, with a possible workaround: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/workaround-found-flickering-clouds/313892

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Guys,

Ive been flying the sim since it came out, Im running it on a laptop medium range for the sim, after several of the first updates I manage to make it work just fine but now I have an issue with the clouds. after the update that came before the USA one the clouds look like a strobe light, flashing in and out very fast, I tried everything in the settings and nothing, I dont know if somebody else has the issue, If so please enlighten me to fix it, since then Ive been flying in clear weather which takes away half of the fun.

Cheers

Oscar

Hi

I have the same problem. Although I have a VERY old GPU Geforce GTX580 ten years old, clouds were not a problem untill the update. The link from tiger1962 (thanks by the way) gave me hope but nothing worked including a suggestion for turning off Volumetric Atmospheric Effects in developer mode.