Update 1.11.7.0 available now

Update 1.11.7.0 is available now on MS Store and Steam:

PERFORMANCE AND STABILITY

Fixed crashes affecting 3rd party aircraft cockpit interactions

Reminder: Some packages in your community folder may not have been updated and, as a result, may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior. Please move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title if you suffer from stability issues or long loading times.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Very good advice Tim! After downloading the update, I have no possible access to my missions Perflect Flight VFR Italy... Choosing any VFR flight from these missions gets me a CTD! I guess I'll have to wait for a fix from Marco Martini since Asobo/MS always succeed in messing up flightsim 2020 after each and every update. I already had this morning 2 CTDs during a simple flight with good weather from Nantes to Paris... Well at least the updated program still recognizes my own saved flights.

J-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

You should report this to Zendesk and Perfect Flight, they both need to know about this!

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Update 1.11.7.0 is available now on MS Store and Steam:

So far, I've been enjoying MS20, flying prop and jet planes to different destinations, downloading all the upgrades, etc. Happy as can be.

When I opened MS20 this morning, a notice said that an update was available. If I recall correctly, it didn't specifically say 1.11.7.0. But, I clicked on proceed anyway and MS20 Standard started to download. Since this was not my experience with past updates, I deleted the download progress. Big mistake.

I guess not having a complete understanding of what prompts to click on to start downloading upgrade 1.11.7.0, with one keystroke, I managed to delete my MS20 desktop shortcut and all associated packages. The MS20 icon disappeared from my apps file (SHELL:APPSFOLDER), as well as all the installed packages from path C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore.

Right now, I'm 40 minutes into a complete download of recommended content 10Gb of 106Gb. And, the installed Packages file is beginning to fill.

So, that's my log entry for today :)

Ron

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10

Well, flew without Rex being on, from KHEG (Herlong Field in Jacksonville) to KTPA (Tampa), flight took an hour and 16 minutes, did not CTD.

Cautiously optimistic :)

Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

You should report this to Zendesk and Perfect Flight, they both need to know about this!

After a few trials, I found out that everything works nicely again when I do not use the Developer Mode

So I hope I do not have too many CTDs for other reasons!

Safe landings

J-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

Just move everything out of your Community folder to a backup folder somewhere on your system, restart your PC and launch the sim. If nothing has changed, it's not the files in your Community folder - I didn't move any of mine either because this update is a hotfix for 3rd party aircraft only, and I don't have any. If there IS an improvement, add the backed up folders back into your Community folder two or three at a time until the problem comes back, then remove the guilty mod folder(s) and search for an updated version of it/them.

Have you added your MSFS folder to your Windows Defender exclusions list? This can speed up load times (slightly) and reduce the stutters.

What do you have in your community folder? Some packages may bog the program down.

Are your GPU drivers up to date?

You might try turning off live traffic if the other two are not the issue.

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

One thing I noticed about this small update is that when I loaded the sim and it says checking for updates it found this update and downloaded it and installed it right from the same screen, it did not go to the Microsoft store as it usually does, does that sound right

One thing I noticed about this small update is that when I loaded the sim and it says checking for updates it found this update and downloaded it and installed it right from the same screen, it did not go to the Microsoft store as it usually does, does that sound right

With mine, it opened the Store & downloaded part of the update.. then back to the sim.. it downloaded a bit more, after confirming the location.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

here here! I have the same problem, so frustrating as the sim is rendered useless. i keep waiting too

the sim loads fine but i can on set plane on a departing runway. locks into CO PILOT mode and after a while spools up and just takes off . i have tried many things but still the sim is locked into co pilot mode. ignores and command you try to give it the controls do not seem to connect to the plane. i have seen other threads and i keep waiting for a patch

Under options/assistance/piloting

what do you have assigned?

Also do you have the control aircraft set as shown?

Controlset.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU