Onboard video not working could explain CTD?

Still trying to understand why I get CTDs ... When playing FS2020, I go to Task Manager and I see in Performance that my NVidia GEForce is working 80-90% at 70 deg C. But the motherboard video (Intel UHD graphic 630) shows a 0% activity.... Is this normal? Is the Intel UHD dead?

Thanks for your input.

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

It’s quite normal to use only one video card. When you installed the GeForce card, the onboard card would normally have been disabled. Unless you’re using that as well, it might be an idea to go into the bios & disabling it.

Presumably you’ve only got one screen connected... & to the GeForce card?

I doubt the UHD 630 would be powerful enough for flight sim anyway.

How often are you getting CTDs? Could be a number of things causing it but hopefully we can sort it

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Good evening, or good night for you Steve since according to my clock, it is close to midnight in the UK

Thanks for your input I have 3 monitors connected to the NVidia GTX1660 super (main on HDMI, FMS on DVI and Map+ ATC on Display) and can maintain a good 30 fps in average except in very dense areas such as LFPG, KJFK or EGLL.

I do not have thanks God tons of CTDs the last one happened at the very end of a 80 minutes flight when I was 3 min from touch down.. gggrrrrr! Other than that I am still very much enjoying FS2020 but was wondering why DELL sells a mother board with a Intel UHD 630 on board if it serves no purpose.

Happy landings.

J-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

was wondering why DELL sells a mother board with a Intel UHD 630 on board if it serves no purpose.

If you haven't added a video card, the Intel part serves to do all the display chores just fine, until it comes to the kind of demand put on the system by sims and gaming. It may even work well with some simple games (solitaire, etc.), but you really need to have the GeForce instead of the Intel for FS and other sims and games that are very demanding on the video.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

The Intel GPU shows no usage because it isn't being used. While you could go into the BIOS/UEFI and disable it, this shouldn't really be needed these days. It will just sit there doing nothing, basically. As to why Dell includes it, most modern consumer level Intel CPUs come with a GPU built into the CPU itself, not the motherboard. There are some applications that might use it for video encoding or other non-display tasks too.

Glad you’re enjoying it & yes, it’s nearly midnight here. Goodnight.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles