My MSFS "Nitpick" List

First off, I am aware that the developers have their hands full with more important operational issues with FS2020 than the ones I am listing here. These that I am listing are not "show stoppers" by any stretch of the imagination - just my own "jot down" list of issues that I have encountered that I thought I would share.

- At most airports, the blue taxiway lighting is randomly installed all over the place, though most of it is usually near a taxiway at least.

- At night, green/white airport beacons are usually not visible until you are 1.5 to 2 miles from the airport (actually MS has not gotten this right in Flight Simulator for quite some time).

- Random airport vehicles (buses, forklifts, etc) running wild on the taxiways.

- Absurdly large mouse-over pop-up panel labels that cannot be turned off or made smaller.

- On multi-monitor system, input device (joystick, yoke, etc) stops functioning the instant that the mouse cursor crosses over to second monitor. Putting cursor back on main display resumes functionality.

- ATC window interface is "clunky" - sometimes does not respond to mouse clicks, requiring ATC window to be closed and reopened.

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

There's a mod available for the panel labels called transparent tooltips, which also makes them smaller.

When the ATC window is open, you can use keyboard numbers 1-9 to select your reply or request.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

There's a mod available for the panel labels called transparent tooltips, which also makes them smaller.

When the ATC window is open, you can use keyboard numbers 1-9 to select your reply or request.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Thank Tiger for the tip on the transparent tooltip mod. I'll have to try it!

I actually tried the numeric method on the ATC window first (it was the method I used most frequently in FSX), and couldn't activate a message that way, either.

i7-7700K 4.20GHz

MSI Z-270A Pro Series MB

32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8Gb

WDC WDS240G1G01 240Gb SSD

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1Tb HDD

Seagate OneTouch 1Tb SSD

Seagate BUP 5Tb HDD

2 LG 4k 32" displays

Microsoft X05-63895 Sidewinder joystick

Logitech M325 mouse

Costco 14993BLK4E XL series folding chair

ACCO Model 40 stapler

Rubbermaid MFG295600 plastic rubbish bin

I actually tried the numeric method on the ATC window first (it was the method I used most frequently in FSX), and couldn't activate a message that way, either.

Must be setup in keyboard control assignments first.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

If I may add to your Nitpick list....

Everytime I see "Gib" in the menus, reminds me of "Giblets" as in exploding characters in First Person Shooters :)

However checking Google, it is correct...

GB (Gigabyte) and GiB (Gibibyte) are two different digital data storage scales defined by the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). In short - GiB is base 2, GB is base 10
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hi all, I think my biggest headache on the OP list is that darn two monitor control loss issue. Drives me crazy!!! (I use a HOTAS)

Also, I have the same problem with the ATC numeric keypad, though mine works maybe 50% of the time but mostly when it feels like it. Hence, I mouse over to the second monitor to use ATC, then forget to put the cursor back on monitor one, and, well, see above...

Mike

Edited by MikeDV
Add info
Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS

Just for clarity guys, when the ATC window is open, you can use keyboard numbers 1-9 to select your reply or request, NOT the numpad numbers.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Just for clarity guys, when the ATC window is open, you can use keyboard numbers 1-9 to select your reply or request, NOT the numpad numbers.

Got that, thanks tiger1962!

I am looking into if the mouse is on that second monitor... does that also take out my numbers 1-9. Mainly, because it works “sometimes” as I stated. Weird, will post results if I figure it out.

Dell XPS 8930 Core I9-9900 3.10 GHz, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM @2666 Mhz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060, 1 + 2 TB SSD’s and 1 + 2 TB spinner sata’s, Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X, FS9, FSX, MSFS