worth getting FS2004? (I've only used FSX)

iainso

I mean I've never seen FS2004 look as good as an ORBX equipped FSX or like
It does look good... but does it belong in a flightsim?? The Gardening Club might be more appropriate. Where the companion sims are going at present is difficult territory, and they run the risk of encountering the "Uncanny Valley".

Google it, it's a fascinating concept.

FS9 doesn't take you to the brink of realism, it asks you to suspend disbelief quite far back from the brink, and so makes it easier to live with its shortcomings of resolution detail.

+1 I see the "baiter" has been at work on this thread. He is the Master, though!;)

Great retorts, guys .... especially from the closet clown .....

I humbly accept your comments as I DO have a sense of humor .... dry as it is .... but indeed, so does a fine, aged wine .... or was that beef? ....

.... but when all the dust settles and the birds go to roost ..... FS9.X still is the king!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It does look good... but does it belong in a flightsim?? The Gardening Club might be more appropriate.

Well, I reckon this is a different topic altogether, this is about personal preferences, simmers have very different tastes, some want realism, others want eye candy, others want a mix of them...others just want to grab a Eurofighter Typhoon and simulate the bombing of their terrifying math teacher...so...I guess it depends what you want. I know there still are enough folks out there happy with FS2000, because, just like you pointed out...they don't believe all this eye candy belongs to a flight simulator, they just want to simulate the magic of flight, period. Others want realism for the eye too......:)

kk2Hq8Xj_o.jpg

Archived