Low and slow with great scenery

When FS2020 came out I started on a journey from Miami and out to the Caribbean, mostly in 172 or Caravan. The islands are nice and there is always a runway an hour away so you can fly for a while and takeoff again the next day.

I’m now at the tip of South America and the scenery and clouds are beautiful. Today’s flight was from SCCI to SAWC at 2500 feet in the Caravan. It takes some planning with SKYVector because of the mountains, but it was a great flight. Glaciers, clouds, mountains and Flamingos near SAWC.

Continuing to head north tomorrow.

I am low and slow VFR type myself. This is the first sim ever that makes this type of flying truly possible/realistic out of the box provided you are in a photogrammetry area and I have experienced little to no problems.

For those wanting to fly more commplex aircraft/ifr/ils etc. Waiting a few months for the bugs to get ironed out should be no problem. Us VFR guys have been waiting 30 years or better.

Edited by natman1965

MSFS has allowed me to roll back the clock 60 years! In 1962, I was a 17 year old with a new Private license and the use of a Cessna 172 for the Summer. Spent many hours exploring small airports in the Northeast. All flights were VFR using dead reckoning and pilotage. Fun to pull out the old log book and redo those flights.

I've done those types of flights myself, and I loved it! Flying all around Florida, stopping at different airports. Very enjoyable!
Windows 10 Pro, 32 gigs DDR4 RAM, Nvidia GForce RTX 3070, Intel I7 10700 running at 3.8, with Noctua NH-L9x65, Premium Low-Profile CPU Cooler-HP Reverb G2 for Virtual Reality

Just think if MS had done a pre release of sorts featuring just the cessna 152 so they could have a functional airplane and show off the scenery advancements and held back on everything else until more of the bugs had been dealt with.

Right now everyone would be singing there praise and looking forward to the full release. But as it turns out they seem to have a good share of unsatisfied customers angrily waiting for the next patch.

But that's just me I could be wrong. I have been told that I dont understand how business works.

1) The Cessna 152 is functional. I fly it often with no problems.

2) I and many others ARE singing their praises for a revolutionary advance in flightsimming that provides an immersive flying experience for the first time. Some flights have left me absolutely awe-struck.

3) Bugs are normal in every new flight sim. FSX is a great example. Yet it became a superb sim once the bugs were resolved and major addons appeared. The same is already happening with MSFS, less than 2 months in.