Anomalous Loss of Control!

Last night, I took off from Lydd (Dover), LYDD, in the DA40. Everything seemed totally normal. About 2 miles out, all of a sudden none of the controls worked. Plane continued in a slow turn to the right.

Restarted, tried again. Same thing.

Restarted, tried again. Changed to DA62. Same thing.

Went to bed.

This afternoon, with a fresh boot of the PC, tried again, in the Baron. Same thing!

Tried taking off from Exeter (EGTE), still in the Baron. Smooth sailing!

Go figure.

Anybody else had this? (Seems there's always something with this sim.)

Mac6737

I've just taken off from Lydd in the C172 G1000, now safely heading to Manston. I have the latest G1000 mod installed, I highly recommend it. It's a free download from Github: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g1000-v0.3.1

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I've just taken off from Lydd in the C172 G1000, now safely heading to Manston. I have the latest G1000 mod installed, I highly recommend it. It's a free download from Github: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/g1000-v0.3.1

Tiger,

Thanks. But what does that have to do with the problem I described? Maybe I'm missing something. I didn't fly the C172 G1000 out of Lydd.

Mac6737

Yeah Tiger, You wanna explane yourself? :rolleyes:
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Tiger,

Thanks. But what does that have to do with the problem I described? Maybe I'm missing something. I didn't fly the C172 G1000 out of Lydd.

Mac6737

Hi Mac, I took off from Lydd to see if there was a problem at that location, but there wasn't, so it seems to be an Autopilot issue.

I use the working title G1000 mod, which includes the autopilot, hence my recommendation if you don't already use it.

However the problem could also be down to key bindings if you operate the autopilot by keyboard - try changing the default key commands for those that you use and see if it helps.

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hi Mac, I took off from Lydd to see if there was a problem at that location, but there wasn't, so it seems to be an Autopilot issue.

Yeah, but I never touched the autopilot.

Mac6737

In that case it can only be a controller conflict or calibration problem, what controller(s) are you using?