I have CH pedals. No matter how I adjust the rudder sensitivity, the rudder goes from no deflection to full deflection suddenly as I press a pedal. No intermediate values. Makes it really hard to take off and land without veering all over the runway. Interestingly, when on the sensitivity page, the slider does move proportionately to the amount of pedal pressure, but once in the airplane, it's either nothing or hard over. Seems to affect all aircraft. Any ideas?

Thanks,

J. Slagg

I have CH pedals. No matter how I adjust the rudder sensitivity, the rudder goes from no deflection to full deflection suddenly as I press a pedal. No intermediate values. Makes it really hard to take off and land without veering all over the runway. Interestingly, when on the sensitivity page, the slider does move proportionately to the amount of pedal pressure, but once in the airplane, it's either nothing or hard over. Seems to affect all aircraft. Any ideas?

Thanks,

J. Slagg

A few of things that may be worth checking...

1 Ensure that there are no other controls also assigned to rudder movement.

2 Ensure that it is not assigned to AI in assistance

3 Ensure that the flight model is set to "modern"

Just my thoughts...

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Further to stinger's good advice:

If you're comfortable with editing aircraft.cfg files (which can opened with Notepad) I've reduced the rudder effectivity in all the aircraft I use, and I also have CH rudder pedals.

If you bought the MS Store version, you'll find all the aircraft folders in:

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore

Go to your chosen aircraft folder, keep opening folders until you find the flight_model.cfg.

Scroll down to the [CONTACT_POINTS] section and look for the line beginning point.0=.

After the point.0= there are numbers with commas. Change the eighth number to 30 as below:

point.0 = 1, 1.1, 0, -3.56, 750, 0, 0.5, 30,

This changes the max nosewheel steering angle to 30 degrees.

Now scroll down to the [FLIGHT_TUNING] section and look for rudder_effectiveness = 1

Change this to rudder_effectiveness = .1

Save and close the flight_model.cfg file.

You should now have responsive steering on the ground with reasonable control input from the pedals.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thank you, Stinger and Tiger. I checked the things Stinger listed - no problems or conflicts. I made Tiger's changes to the flight_model.cfg file for the Cessna 208B. The nosewheel steering seems to be better, but the rudder still goes hard over after a small pedal movement. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction (no pun intended). I'll keep trying.

Joel Slagg

Glad you're seeing some improvement at least! One other thing, I've set my elevator, aileron and rudder axis sensitivities to 50% as well as the above .cfg file tweaks.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64