A couple of questions - one may be due to ignorance (actually, possibly both)

1. Does Europe or the rest of the world use comm frequencies that are different than the US? IE on a recent flight originating in Paris, I was told to tune to a frequency that had an "odd" (as opposed to even) number that I was not able to set using my Logitech radio panel. Don't remember the exact freq, but it was something on the order of xxx.610 or xxx.330. Perhaps I don't have the Logitech panel configured correctly? Anyway, I had to tune using the ATC window and selecting the "Tune" option.

2. On a flight today from Flagstaff to Phoenix, ATC kept spelling the first number of frequencies being assigned to me. IE: oh-en-ee 2-3 decimal niner 5 instead of 1-2-3 decimal niner 5 or oh-en-ee 18 decimal 85 instead of 1-1-8 decimal 85. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for any and all responses, no matter how much they may emphasize my stupidity.

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Hi Ken. Yes, Europe and the rest of the world do use different comm frequencies (and Barometric scale) to the USA. ATC spelling frequencies is a known fault, but not all the ATC voices spell out the word one - I've heard ATC call an AI plane with a frequency change to o-n-e etc, and the AI plane replied with 1 etc. as it should do. Maybe they're fixing the ATC voices one at a time?

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks, Tim. I figured it was a Euro thing. I'll have to figure out how to use SPAd.Next to step my comm freqs differently. I'm sure someone has already done it and I may be able to find that profile and use it.

As to the ATC glitch, I'll just look at the comms window to clarify my freq if necessary. Sometimes the 2nd and 3rd digits come so swiftly after the o-n-e that I don't understand them - chalk it up to being 76 years old, I guess.

Hope that eventually gets fixed. I'm enjoying the hell out of the new release, though, even with the myriad of annoying little issues. I'm able to get 45+ fps with my new setup and I run the Ultra settings with only very rare stutters. Th-th-th-that's all f-f-f-folks!

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit