All flight sim gear is back-order, sold out, out of stock?

I tried to find a thread that discusses this.

It appears that all flight sim gear (yoke, panel, instruments, pedals, etc) are sold out everywhere I look. It has been ever since FS2020 was realeased. I would have expected a couple of weeks of delay, but there is not indication of how long this will last.

Is it only me? Pandemic related? Any clues on delay lenghts?

It was happening even before the sim was released and is related both to demand and pandemic issues with the supply chain. Companies can't ramp up production and distribution as well as they could have before, and more people are spending time at home with games and sims of all kinds, not just MSFS.

So much of North America's, nay the World's, supply chain originates in China which then means that long slow boat ride on a container ship to our ports.

Shop for a major appliance, even just a small 7 cu ft chest freezer and see for yourself. ALL commodities are in very short supply ever since Covid 19 closed everything down and on-hand inventories were wiped out.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I ordered a second Saitek throttle quadrant from B and H Photo. They said it was back-ordered and would take 4 weeks. It came in 3 weeks. $59. Could have gotten it on EBay for 3 to 4 times the price quicker. Rather squirrel away that cash for for future Add-ons IMHO.