London with ORBX for FSX and P3D

Rupert

I enjoyed the post by dispinall of London with ORBX and the new sim. so I went back and did some more flying with the older version for comparison. The biggest omission I noticed on the new one was they don't show the overhead tram people mover from the Isle of Dogs near O2. It is included in the FSX version.

If my shots seem out of sequence, they are. I remembered things I should have looked for and went back to get them.

(Remember to click on each shot, that's where I hide my version of a description.)

1 O2 Dome NOTE THE PEOPLE MOVER FROM THE ISLE OF DOGS.jpg

2 Isle of Dogs.jpg

3 The Gherkin (Pickle).jpg

4 Coming up on Big Ben and the London Eye..jpg

5 St Paul Cathedral just under my nose..jpg

6 Headubg diwbstrean tiwards The Thames Barrier.jpg

7 Tower of London and Tower Bridge.jpg

8 St Pauls on the left.  The Shard on the right.jpg

9 Big Ben (Houses of Parliment) London Eye, etc..jpg

10 Some Thames Shipping.jpg

Click on reply to finish the series. ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

A few more shots:

11 Approaching the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge.jpg

12 Under the QEII Bridge.jpg

13 On Final to London City EGLC.jpg

14 Short Final.jpg

15 Tower View EGLC.jpg

Again, looking at the 02 Dome you can see three of the pylons for the cable car people mover. I'm surprised they haven't made it into the new FS ORBX yet. One of my sorrows is that on our last trip to London, we didn't have time to ride the cable car. Molly however, was pleased we didn't have time. She is in all out shop till you drop mode! :eek::eek:

16 Chard on the left, Gherkin on the Right.jpg

Michael

Edited by Rupert

Looking great! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

oops I thought I posted in here last night ha...... thanks for this post Rubert

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

Great screenshots Michael, I always learn something from your threads and your knowledge of the world, sometimes even in my own backyard. :)

Oops! I hope you're not being very sarcastic! I know, even in print I'm usually way too wordy!! :eek:

Is the UK your backyard?

Michael

Is the UK your backyard?

Nope, I live in the Idaho Panhandle, Bonners Ferry to be exact. I consider everything from the Rockies westward "my backyard", lol.

No sarcasm intended BTW! Be as wordy as you like, that's what I enjoy most about a screenshot thread! :)

Edited by Jim Robinson

Thanks to everyone! If you want lots of sights per mile traveled London has to rate pretty high! And unlike most of the larger cities in the world, it still has a ton of Green space!

Michael

London is nicely represented in your ORBX pics. Michael. :cool: :cool: I lived in London 1979-1981 and it looks like things have changed a bit since then. :)

Wow!! Ain't that the truth!! New Lloyds, Olympic Stadium, O2 Dome, Docklands Railway, Thames Barrier, London Eye, The Shard, etc. They even repaired and reopened a ton of the canals off the Thames near the Docklands!

Actually a lot of the material for the Olympic stadium and some other attractions were brought in by canal because the size of a lot of what they brought in couldn't have gotten there between all the buildings and other man made obstructions. A bonus to that, they didn't have to interrupt nearly as much traffic on the streets or roads either.

If you watched the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics, they flags came in by boat on canals, some of which had been closed for decades!