FS2020 Vancouver Post apocalyptic zombieland...

I lived in Vancouver for awhile and fell in love with british columbia... So thought would go take a look in the sim.. as you can see it stll needs some work doing, but credit where credit is due Stanley Park looks awesome!

vancouver.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

stanley park.jpg

ASRock X570 TAICHI Mother Board

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.79 GHz *Overclocked*

Corsair 240mm H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Intel/AMD CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB 64GB 3600MHz *Overclocked*

MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti 24GB SUPRIM X Ampere.

1000W PSU. Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD. HP Reverb G2 + Oculus Quest 2

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

The vegetation downtown may be a little aggressive but the forest of condominiums is certainly realistic.

Given the number of empty units your zombie comment isn't far off the mark either. Thanks for sharing. -- Bob

Edited by azzaro
afterthought

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

I’m thinking monster tree growth!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those shots bring back memories of ski trips to Whistler Blackcomb! In fact about three years ago we stayed an extra few days at the International Trade Center Hotel. (That's the building that looks like it has sails on the roof in the first shot.) I'm surprised they didn't show a ship tied up there as well. That's where many of the Orca Tours all the way to Alaska dock.

I've have to "fly up there and have a look as well.

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Vancouver? Zombiland? A lot of movies are now filmed up there to escape the tax BS here in the states, and I do believe one if not all Resident Evil movies were filmed up there. Not to mention a lot of X-Files shows.

I'm surprised they didn't show a ship tied up there as well. That's where many of the Orca Tours all the way to Alaska dock. Michael
Oh. You mean like the Alaska tour we had booked for this past July.

Thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? :p -- Bob

Extra points to anyone who can name the movie that's from. No Googling now!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

I lived in Vancouver for awhile and fell in love with british columbia... So thought would go take a look in the sim.. as you can see it stll needs some work doing, but credit where credit is due Stanley Park looks awesome!

What were your graphics settings? It can look a bit ropey if set too low.

Oh. You mean like the Alaska tour we had booked for this past July.

Thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? :p -- Bob

Extra points to anyone who can name the movie that's from. No Googling now!

Was it from Love Boat? LOL!

Those shots bring back memories of ski trips to Whistler Blackcomb! In fact about three years ago we stayed an extra few days at the International Trade Center Hotel. (That's the building that looks like it has sails on the roof in the first shot.) I'm surprised they didn't show a ship tied up there as well. That's where many of the Orca Tours all the way to Alaska dock.

I've have to "fly up there and have a look as well.

Michael

I watched them build the Trade Center Hotel complex when I was living there.......

Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95TSSR - QLED monitor - curved - 49" - 5120 x 1440 Dual Quad HD @ 240 Hz

What were your graphics settings? It can look a bit ropey if set too low.

I thought at the time it was set to high but later when I checked it was set to MID..... the system optimiser had turned it down ha....... New York is the same when I checked...... I kinda know it's most likely my end....... Going to buy a new processor and up the graphics card from 6GB to one with at least 10GBs...

I thought at the time it was set to high but later when I checked it was set to MID..... the system optimiser had turned it down ha....... New York is the same when I checked...... I kinda know it's most likely my end....... Going to buy a new processor and up the graphics card from 6GB to one with at least 10GBs...

GOOD CALL!! While I don't have it the new sim yet, I've read on several sites that possibly the best thing you can do for improvement with the new sim is to upgrade your graphics card! ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.