Strange FSX texture problem

mmykle

Hi,

I recently did a clean install of FSX with SP1/SP2 and Acceleration. Since the reinstall, I have experienced some weird issues with textures on aircraft.

The problem is, that some addon aircraft won't work with DX10 (Direct X 10) preview turned ON, while other aircraft won't work with it turned OFF.

With DX10 preview turned ON, I get the following issues: AI aircraft turn gray while moving, but have textures when stationary. My POSKY Boeing 777 (package downloaded from Simviation) does not show textures.

With DX10 preview turned OFF, I get these issues: My Project Airbus A320 series aircraft is without textures, as are my POSKY 737 and the Thomas Ruth A330/A340. I also get issues with default aircraft.

Have anyone else experienced this? Any solutions? :confused:

Hi,

I recently did a clean install of FSX with SP1/SP2 and Acceleration.

If you are installing Acceleration, then the SPs are not needed and may cause problems. You may need Steve's DX10 fixer.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for the reply.

I hope it's possible to fix this without investing in the DX10 Fixer. But if that's what necessary, I'll do it.

Is it possible to fix the potential conflict between the SPs and Acceleration without interfering with modifications and addons?

Steve's DX10 Fixer is only for using legacy addons in DX10 mode.

If you are having issues with default planes then you have a problem that the fixer is not intended to fix.

You need to get the default planes working in both DX9 and DX10 before you worry about any addons.

If you did install Acceleration over SP2 then that might be your problem.

If that is the case (Accel over SP2) try uninstalling Acceleration first. Use the Windows Control Panel to do this, not a 3rd party program.

After uninstalling Acceleration you will hopefully see SP2 listed in the available programs.

If so, uninstall SP2, which should result in you seeing SP1 listed in the programs.

If this happens, then reinstall Acceleration.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

mmykle,

You say "clean install". I hope that means; clean system. Then using the fsx installer.

And not, copying back a old backup copy with the addons already in it, like this. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?212041-black-screen-under-DX9-in-Win7

His symptoms are different, but Installing that way is known to give the problem you describe, issues with some in DX9 and some in dx10.

I once saw exactly what you describe reported also. Can't find the thread, but if I remember correctly a really clean install was the only solution then.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived