Where is my MSFS 2020 folder?

You install add-ons into the Community folder. If you've installed MSFS onto your C drive, it'll be here:

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The first thing to do is use the search function on the forum. Enter "folder", or "install folder", or "install scenery"... then click 'search'

then look for one that might have information that you need.

You'll find its a terrific way to find information.

That way you'll learn to find things by yourself and not depend on others.

If you then can't find what your looking for, start a new thread.

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

You install add-ons into the Community folder. If you've installed MSFS onto your C drive, it'll be here:

C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

I found that path works no matter where your program files were installed, even if it's on another drive.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Ummm, I did try to find the folder! Search all drives, not findable. Before you give condescending comments, please treat the person asking the question with some respect! I taught computer programming, have written user files for older versions of FSU, and was a high school computer center tech...so o know how to do the simple things...

You've probably already eliminate this - but the APPS DATA file is a hidden folder - you have to activate the Show Hidden Files feature. There has been a post recently about this here.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx