Nvidia 456.38 is out

Gaming Technology

Includes support for GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090 GPUs

GeForce Experience Automatic Performance Tuning for GeForce RTX 30-series and RTX 20-series

GeForce Experience in-game performance monitoring for GeForce GTX 600 series and above

ShadowPlay gameplay recording now supports HDR on GTX 900-series and above (RTX 3090 can capture 8K 30fps HDR)

NVIDIA Broadcast app with AI-powered noise removal and virtual background

5 New G-SYNC Compatible Monitors

I am definately uploading

my monitor is GSync/Freesync

Shadowplay for recording flights improved

In game performance monitor improvements for all Geforce series

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

In the other MSFS forum (the Microsoft one), there are tons of complaints about how the new drivers broke the sim.

Be cautious...

If it ain't broke... don't fix it.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Maybe you are right

But remind you there has never been an nvidia update without folks appearing saying its worse. rolling back, etc. And we are on version 456. Usually some other thing interferes with performance at the same timeline and the affected user thinks is the drivers just updated.

Now that Nvidia has said its following MSFS (in previous sims nvidia never addressed the flight community) , and Geforce Experience allows to specifically target MsFS, I update the drivers no-questions asked.

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I waited until the noise died down... once people stopped posting here, and in the MSFS forum...I downloaded and clean installed. No issues, no problems... fps increased slightly ~2-5%

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

It works fine for me. NVIDIA did reset my settings when I installed the new driver, I had to go back and reset them. Little change in performance.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU