Any Thoughts?

Hey all-

I am having trouble with MSFS. Most times it crashes to desktop when the status bar is about 3/4 on initial loading, obviously before the main menu.

Occasionally I can get to the main menu where I set things to Low-End, Bing off, etc. I then can load an airport/plane but get ~3 fps for a couple minutes before crashing to desktop.

Latest Nvidia drivers installed:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Virtual Memory 18.8 GB

Available Virtual Memory 14.5 GB

Page File Space 2.88 GB

Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6GB GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card

Resolution 1920 x 1080 x 60 hertz

Any ideas or suggestions?

Would really love to enjoy this simulator.

Thanks!!

B747 Pilot (Real World)

What is your internet connection speed? Are you on a HD or SSD? Everything else looks like it ought to run better than that. If you have a slow internet speed and a HD that could be a problem.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

What version of Windows 10 do you have? You need version 1909 at least - the latest version is 2004.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

My system is i5 and GTX1060 3gb and i fly with high-end settings at 30fps

In clear skies no traffic ai

Install geforce experience, and add MSFS2020 to the GeforceE box

Are nvidia drivers updated to 252?

check if your monitor has Freesync, HDR

check if your PC is running programs in the background

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

In addition to Kapitan's good advice above, you could also try a repair or reset for MSFS as set out in this guide: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016107019-How-to-repair-or-remove-Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-on-Microsoft-Store-Gamepass

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Yes, I also did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 and reinstalled MSFS (along with my other stuff).

Same issue is happening.

I’ve been on Nvidia forums and it looks like others are having similar issues either with Flight Sim or other games and the common theme seems to be the driver: build 452.06.

Gonna play with it more tomorrow and maybe download older drivers and see how it goes.

Thanks for all the replies!

B747 Pilot (Real World)