Indiscriminate Scenery posts of cities yo will never fly to

Seeing lots of sceneries, or better say landmarks from different spots around the world in some sites

Each needs to be downloaded in community. Some are large size some small containing just a few buildings

If you happen to live in that city in particular or frequently fly to, fine. Other than that, no way Im going to start adding, I dont fly to a city just to watch a sports arena someone uploaded. We fly because we have a life history with that place or a past flight etc.

What would be interesting are the (addon of addons compilation), if after a year someone compiles all main world cities contributions, that would be interesting. For the time being both are a waste of time: excess of liveries and loose landmarks of points you ll never be flying to.

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Seeing lots of sceneries, or better say landmarks from different spots around the world in some sites

Each needs to be downloaded in community. Some are large size some small containing just a few buildings

If you happen to live in that city in particular or frequently fly to, fine. Other than that, no way Im going to start adding, I dont fly to a city just to watch a sports arena someone uploaded. We fly because we have a life history with that place or a past flight etc.

What would be interesting are the (addon of addons compilation), if after a year someone compiles all main world cities contributions, that would be interesting. For the time being both are a waste of time: excess of liveries and loose landmarks of points you ll never be flying to.

Not necessarily with me, flying for a past flight and personal connection. I fly because I know I will never be able to get to those places in the real world with my migraines I experience to this day, 10 years plus still going on, and to me, Flight Simulator 2020 is the perfect tool to experience the world. I didn't even know you could do that. Is there a link depository to be able to be done? Thanks!

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Speaking of wasting time: this post suggests that you must have time on your hands. If you don't want an addon, don't download it. Simple.

How interesting. I get visual migraines all the time. Very colorful and it blinds me for 20 minutes or so but no pain. It's very interesting when this happens while flight simming or worse, when I'm driving my car on the highway! Anyway, I like to make flights that I have been on in real life so I try to recreate those experiences. I don't have MS2020 yet but when I do, I hope there will be a large depository of freeware scenery to add to it.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

How interesting. I get visual migraines all the time. Very colorful and it blinds me for 20 minutes or so but no pain. It's very interesting when this happens while flight simming or worse, when I'm driving my car on the highway! Anyway, I like to make flights that I have been on in real life so I try to recreate those experiences. I don't have MS2020 yet but when I do, I hope there will be a large depository of freeware scenery to add to it.

Wow. God bless you Kevin! I get the pain. I have not have had migraines that blind me and can only imagine how scary that must be! I do get vertigo as well, which does suck when driving. for I had one of my most scariest vertigo moments in the middle of an intersection. Its times like this when our quirks happen we can say thank God it's a simulator!

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Eyestrain, which will worsen, blue light from the computer screen and or Blue lense sunglasses. Pickup a pair of computer glasses and it should ease off, and depending on age. If not, Id contact a professional, life without sight or bad vision isnt a pleasant thing.

Never knew of computer glasses, thanks! I am on the computer a lot, so hope they help!

It's no big deal anymore. When I start seeing the colorful squiggly lights I immediately sit down or pull over if driving and let it go through it's cycle of about 20 minutes or so then I move on with my day. My doctor had no idea what was going on with me until I looked it up on the internet. Then I showed him and he then understood. I thought I had a brain tumor, but no, just visual migraines. I had the painful migraines about 30 years ago but they went away and were replaced with the visuals. So I can relate to your pain. I did purchase some computer glasses and they work great! They are not cheap either. I think I paid $50 US currency for them but I love them. They seem to have different focal distances depending on where you look through them (computer screen, keyboard, paperwork you're typing from, etc). Give them a try. They may help.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

It's no big deal anymore. When I start seeing the colorful squiggly lights I immediately sit down or pull over if driving and let it go through it's cycle of about 20 minutes or so then I move on with my day. My doctor had no idea what was going on with me until I looked it up on the internet. Then I showed him and he then understood. I thought I had a brain tumor, but no, just visual migraines. I had the painful migraines about 30 years ago but they went away and were replaced with the visuals. So I can relate to your pain. I did purchase some computer glasses and they work great! They are not cheap either. I think I paid $50 US currency for them but I love them. They seem to have different focal distances depending on where you look through them (computer screen, keyboard, paperwork you're typing from, etc). Give them a try. They may help.

Thanks! i think i need one too

Kapitan

Speaking of wasting time: this post suggests that you must have time on your hands. If you don't want an addon, don't download it. Simple.

havent downloaded any freeware scenery yet, meaning that paying is out of the question.

We have too much of eye candy in non populated areas.

We need good planes, analogue, and Ai traffic with real airlines (which in turn are only possible with planes), bugs resolved, better real weather and seasons

Kapitan

havent downloaded any freeware scenery yet

meaning that paying is out of the question.

We need good planes, analogue, and Ai traffic with real airlines (which in turn are only possible with planes), bugs resolved, better real weather and seasons

Kapitan

Best (freeware) add-on's I ever installed were FS9 Glacier Bay and Tongass Fjords. Best Plane: Dash 7 project. Have never been there, will never go there, will never fly it , but they made me a very happy simmer for many years..................

I5 12600K - RTX3060TI - 32GB 3600 - M2 - WIN11 - FS8/9/X - MSFS - full ORBX UTX etc. 

zweefvlieg1987s.jpg

havent downloaded any freeware scenery yet

meaning that paying is out of the question.

Just to understand what you are saying: Are you asking this and other flight sim websites to stop allowing uploads of scenery to their file libraries because you happen not to want them? If not that, what ARE you saying? One man's "eye candy" is another's essential stuff. You and I obviously differ in our priorities, but it would never occur to me to suggest that add-ons I am less interested in should not be available to others.

Well for me, I have been around the world 3 times in the Navy, seen so much (about 25% of the world land mass) I love going to places I've been to and then going to places I'll never get to otherwise. FS2020 is cool (tho I wish they would have used google globe/maps instead of bing) to see places on this globe. My 3 main airports are KORF (where I love) KJAX (Home) and KTPA (The rest of my family). I have flown over my house, and those of my families and its so much better than FSX. I did a low & slow over St Petersburg RU (ULLI) and I was blown away from all I got to see.... I know there are some issues here but given time they will be sorted out. In the mean time lets fly, enjoy our time seeing places we would have never seen otherwise...

Happy :pilot: Flyin fellow simmers. AD