Let's take out the MSFS terrain visuals...

Back in 2D days Fs2002 and Fs2004 and didnt like any cockpit available from any developer. So I did my own using free copyright gauges.

Here is my 747 cockpit and a B767 with different lightning settings you could adjust the color with a knob

299237BF-4C4C-4155-8E0D-1C933F8B39A2.jpeg

5D2B1A1E-F5AD-49A2-9A13-E94F4AD9E072.jpeg

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone else might want to guess? I’ve spent ages googling and checking out various cockpits.. from 707s to B52s ... I give up! LOL

Regards

Steve

They really need those laughing emoji's you can get on places like Facebook. lol

I'll post the answer in a few hours so it gives people time to guess.

Back in 2D days Fs2002 and Fs2004 and didnt like any cockpit available from any developer. So I did my own using free copyright gauges.

Here is my 747 cockpit and a B767 with different lightning settings you could adjust the color with a knob

Nice Kapitan!

Mark Daniels

Your act is tired, calling anybody who doesn’t care for FS2020 a troll, X-plane fanboy, etc.

ANY video game will have its fans, as well as dissenters. You’re gonna have to just deal with it.

Sorry. I have the right to express my opinions as well and YOU'LL have to deal with THAT

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Well, if its what's what I'm thinking, then its true.....some computers just can't handle the power of FS as much as we'd all like them too. I learned the hardway once too and had to upgrade myself. Nothing new. One reason I bought my new machine.
Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

Well, if its what's what I'm thinking, then its true.....some computers just can't handle the power of FS as much as we'd all like them too. I learned the hardway once too and had to upgrade myself. Nothing new. One reason I bought my new machine.

Currently using an i7 8700k, 32gig ram, 1660Ti card. Enough to start with MSFS and if I ever did use MSFS I would build a new PC. I would wait till high end add-ons came out first as then you will see what you really need. (If that PC even exists!)

Mark Daniels

Mark, your system is easily enough to run it (i currently have i7-7700 although it’s going to be upgraded very shortly)

Can we tempt you to buy MSFS now then? :)

ps: which plane were you flying when you took the photo? LOL

I’ve done more searching & found nothing quite the same

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Can we tempt you to buy MSFS now then? :)

ps: which plane were you flying when you took the photo? LOL

I’ve done more searching & found nothing quite the same

Regards

Steve

Steve,

No and no. lol

I'm expecting zswobbie1 (Robin) may guess the aircraft.

Maybe at some point in time I will pick up MSFS but right now, I'm just not convinced. Hey, I have been here looking and considering so you can't say I haven't been open minded. :)

Mark Daniels

Steve,

No and no. lol

I'm expecting zswobbie1 (Robin) may guess the aircraft.

Maybe at some point in time I will pick up MSFS but right now, I'm just not convinced. Hey, I have been here looking and considering so you can't say I haven't been open minded. :)

Fair enough :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Milton Shupe's Dash 7.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I was busy making a flight in 747-800

All manual, no autopilot.

Very impressed, slow response of the controls.

At 5000ft level 250 kts theres no use trying to pull back the stick to gain altitude without applying power. At lower speeds you start to lose altitude unless 1 flap is applied, which inproves control.

Landed smoothly bringing speed down to 210/200/180 flaps 5/10/15 then 165 25flap and full at 300ft

In no other sim I have felt such a "heavy" feeling in the controls of a 747

very nice

challenging

I bet to many it will be impossible to land manually

hope they install replay in the next patch

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Yep you’re right Tim, cheers. That’s the one I didn’t check LOL

Regards

Steve

Congrats! Lollipop for Tim! haha

The screen I added gave a little clue besides greater clarity. If you looked outside the cockpit you should know it's an aircraft that existed in FS2002.

Yep, only got Fs2002 right haha

But what a great plane I almost forgot about it

I have seen no versions in paywares of p3d fsx or xplane

Kapitan

Yep, only got Fs2002 right haha

But what a great plane I almost forgot about it

I have seen no versions in paywares of p3d fsx or xplane

It's the one annoying thing about flight sims. Payware developers focus on all the same aircraft and miss some really great ones. Maybe MSFS will have a Dash 7 eventually then I might be back. lol

Mark Daniels

Currently using an i7 8700k, 32gig ram, 1660Ti card. Enough to start with MSFS and if I ever did use MSFS I would build a new PC. I would wait till high end add-ons came out first as then you will see what you really need. (If that PC even exists!)

True, but I'm hoping, HOPING that when the add ons come out that I am hoping for to transition to MSFS 2020, that they will. The only thing that worries me right now about your system is the 1660ti. I also do 3D Content creation as well, so had to make sure that I got a system build that could handle both.

All I have to say is FS is still in its infancy stages. They announced earlier monthly updates to the scenery as bing maps updates them, and this update they are coming out with now is their second update since release, so hope it gets to where you like it.

Sorry if we got off to a rocky start, I just gotta realize some may not be as impressed like I am. I love this one so much that with medical reasons (Suffer from migraines, vertigo, etc for past 10 years +) that this is the only means for me to really be able to travel the world, and I'm loving it. Just waiting next for VR to be implemented and then I'll have just like the real thing with flying along with Oculus, and won't have to worry about plummeting out of the sky if I get a vertigo attack in the air virtually.

Sorry if we got off to a rocky start, I just gotta realize some may not be as impressed like I am.

No probs, all good. At least on this site they allow threads to continue on long enough for the issues between people to sort themselves out. Hope some of you AVSIM mods are here reading and paying attention! lol

Happy you're enjoying it, that's all we want from our flight sims. As I've said, graphics aren't big for me. I fly jets, the most impressive visuals I take notice of and see are the airports. The high end airports in FS9 still look good and keep me happy.

I'm always open to a new sim, it just has to offer me enough. I can't see myself ever leaving FS9 but having a second sim to go along with it, that's a possibility.

Mark Daniels

I hear yah man, just as some prefer decaf to caffeinated, I hear yah on the sim versions. :) Yup, we all have our own favorites. :)

Interestingly the newest has always been my favorite starting from the amber screen wire frame slide shows.. When I got this one I whined about a lot of things. Most were 'user ignorance.' To me its pluses totally outweigh it negatives now that I have figured out some of my issues. I'm sure the 'more planes in the hanger' will come. In the meantime I am enjoying what it does offer and flying the P3d for what it doesn't.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

I'm an old guy. I played around with MSFS back in the olden days when gaming on Windows was a real "adventure" in itself. But I was in the heyday of my profession and very busy raising kids -- I just never had near enough free time to do anything but scratch the surface. Even though I always left FS installed, right up to FSX in 2012, I still lacked the time to turn it into a real hobby. Now, the kids are grown, and I'm retired. I built a new PC expressly for Flight Simulator 2020, and I'm having fun! It may be rough around the edges, but this time around, the adventure is learning the sim from the ground up (pun unavoidable) and watching it mature. I'm very glad they released it with "rough edges" rather than waiting until it was thoroughly polished. The keyboard assignments are intricate, but I'm getting a real kick out of learning them. The learning curve is steep, but what a gratifying sense of accomplishment one gets when things start to become second nature. Yet everywhere I go I run into threads filled with XP and P3D users who simply delight in criticizing FS because its very first release isn't yet as good as those sims that have been in development for literally 25-40 years. What a gargantuan waste of time and bandwidth those threads are. Flight Simulator 2020 is a hoot and a miracle of technology that within a few years will probably have left other sims in its wake. Going along for that ride is superbly entertaining and enjoyable. If many experts are extremely comfortable with the sim they've been flying for a long time, I'd be the last one to criticize then for wanting to stay with it, and I'd say nothing to them that I wasn't confident was highly constructive. Edited by Buddy308

I'm with you Buddy308, both in opinion and probably age. I started flying sims in 1996. 'Look at my 2004 setup!' ? You don't know yer born! :D

The graphics are great. 'Its just a Bing map crawler' ? Well that's better than shelling out extra (as I did) for photo realistic scenery in FSX that is soon out of date.

Nothing is or ever will be perfect but things do move forward. The only thing I wonder about at this very early stage is whether the flight characteristics/modelling is actually calculated or, from the familiar look of the aircraft files, still 'lookup tables'. In any case it's still enjoyable and I may buy the thing fully when VR is available.

Meantime I am using the incredibly low-cost 'XBox for PC' access to try before I buy. As you all can. Question: If you don't like it and you've uninstalled it why are you still posting here?

PS bring on the add-on aircraft!

PS #2 the only criticism so far is that autogen buildings and trees can't be turned off leaving airport specific or other RL buildings in place. It is irritating to find a random building plonked on top of other map buildings, even the 'flat' ones.

Edited by klem

Also with you Buddy. Retired on health grounds, largely indoors due to the pandemic. This sim is a bit of a sanity saving window on the world. Loving it.

And on a side note. If you prefer another sim - fine. There’s separate forums here for each one.I tried FSX and didn’t like it but somehow I’ve resisted the temptation to go to that forum and repeatedly say it.