Aircraft with Glass Cockpits

When I flew real airplanes they didn't have the G1000 so I am very uncomfortable flying the aircraft furnished in MSFS with glass cockpits. While I could get used to it, I can't read the screen information without zooming in and then can't control the airplane at the same time. The manifold pressure and propeller speed indicators for the Baron especially suck. Then when I fly, there is "Caution" flashing at me in the alert section, and I don't know why. When I landed at the end of the flight, the engines quit as I touched down on the runway.

Developers need to quickly produce versions of these aircraft and others with analog gages. Otherwise, I am going to get tired of flying the classic C172.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

Absolutely right

Just search this forum with the title "Glass" it has been widely commented

One of the funs of flightsim is to recreate the planes we flew, and usually this relates as the verb implies, to the past, and nearly all planes were analogue.

Outside USA, most of the GA airplanes around the world today are all ANALOGUE

And thou flying with just a Garmin is modern and cool in real life, in the sim its not, cause its just an Ipad style monitor that takes a great parcel of your monitor. Its a sim inside the sim.

And the graphics of the Garmin are basic just for reference, similar to those in FS4

So its not far fetch to say that by flying alll these experimental little planes that are already compact and small with a solo Garmin that takes the whole cockpit, by staring at it the whole time you are actually simming in FS4 (sarcasm)

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Cant wait to see

B737-200

B727

DC10

B707

B747-200

B747-400

L1011

Caravelle

DC9

Fokker F28

B767

B757

B777

Airbus A300

BAC111

Trident

MD80

and so on, the Golden era

Its our history

I watch the Natgeo Accident Mayday, or Youtube analysis...they are all from these planes above.

Want to recreate that situation? I cant...those planes dont exist yet

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Three to add to your list, A Dash 8 100/200 for small regional airports, a 737-400 and 737-500, and an ERJ175. I mostly fly out of smaller regional airports, and the 737-500 and ERJ175 would be great for those airports.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Adding insult to injury. I see one aircraft add-on for a C182 from Carenado with only a glass cockpit.

The G1000 might be made to work if a secondary display of engine instrument information could be displayed separately on a second monitor. I don't see any way to undock anything except the VFR map. Does anyone have a solution?

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI

After checking the default aircraft in MSFS Deluxe, my opinion is that the following are difficult or impossible to fly properly due to poor instrument visuals:

Citation, Grand Caravan, King Air, TBM 930, A320, DA40NG, DA62 & VL-3.

The Bonanza was one G1000 panel aircraft with readable engine instruments.

The CTSL and Savage Cub brought back fond memories of flying with only basic instruments, except I recall having a turn indicator for instrument flying.

Now, can someone tell me why I continually get a flashing "Caution" on the display for the Baron and Bonanza?

The caution is probably a gear down warning, you can cancel it by clicking the button below it.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64