Cessna instability - always rolls left

I'm trying to start with the basics on MSFS 2020 - achieving straight and level flight on the Cessna 152 - and I'm finding it impossible.

I can get the elevator trim right eventually (though it's hit and miss as the controls are so sensitive), but soon after take-off and for the rest of any flight, the plane steadily rolls to the left. Uncorrected, it drifts 90 degrees off heading in under a minute. The same thing happens on the Cessna 172 (analogue panel) though it drifts off course slightly more slowly.

I've carefully calibrated by Thrustmaster TCA Airbus joystick. I've made sure the aileron controls are not also bound to the keyboard. I simply can't find a way of getting the plane properly trimmed out..

Three questions:

1) Are others experiencing the same problem? (YouTubers making demo videos, like Squirrel, don't seem to be afflicted at all)

2) Do we think this is a bug - or is the problem buried away in the settings somewhere?

3) Has anyone found a workaround?

Seems such a pity something so basic is ruining this wonderful simulator for me!

No problems.

In fact the C152 is being praised as the most realistic of all the default planes.

Need to discover whats the problem.

I suspect its some setting you have ON in the Options ASSISTANCE

Go thru all of them specially "Piloting"

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I have the Alpha Yoke and everything went Ok. I am not sure how one calibrates in FS 2020, I have SpadNext but FS 2020 is what I use to was assigned. However going to try SPADNext because it has a profile for each plane how I assign the controls. The new FS 2020 is doing that somewhat by having us rename the control from default

I strongly suspect you have a joystick controller calibration issue. Mine had been working fine but after an update or Windows update, everything suddenly began to roll hard left. I viewed in the exterior view, and the rudder was locked in full rudder. I went back into joy.cpl and tried to calibrate, but it didn't work. I unplugged the USB for a few seconds, redeployed, and it calibrated fine.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Thanks - but joystick carefully and repeatedly calibrated. Tried unplugging and restoring the stick as you suggest, but no joy. Rolling left still happens if I leave the joystick unplugged and fly by keyboard. I began to suspect a bug in the software, but you seem to be saying you can now fly the 152 perfectly straight. Is that correct?

One or two posts on another forum suggest the rolling left is a realistic phenomenon caused by propeller torque, but I find it hard to believe that's true when I find myself 90 degrees off heading in under a minute!

Thanks - but joystick carefully and repeatedly calibrated. Tried unplugging and restoring the stick as you suggest, but no joy. Rolling left still happens if I leave the joystick unplugged and fly by keyboard. I began to suspect a bug in the software, but you seem to be saying you can now fly the 152 perfectly straight. Is that correct?

One or two posts on another forum suggest the rolling left is a realistic phenomenon caused by propeller torque, but I find it hard to believe that's true when I find myself 90 degrees off heading in under a minute!

No such thing as perfectly straight in general aviation!

Any Cessna can only fly as straight as rigging, and weather permits. Check ALL flight controls, and power. Check proper trim...