Have problems downloading after patch----look at this

Osobo is NUTS!!!! MS is Crazy and very dishonest!!!! ok, some history: when the game came out you downloaded and it might have taken some time but you Got it!!!!..then the first patch= CHAOS!!!!! then the second patch=CHAOS!!!! if you have problems download they say GO HERE" MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR TOP ISSUES TRACKER and what do you find a Rosary of Problems that they say you can TRY to solve TRY, for they are NOT Sure!!!!!, but NONe work!!!!!!..these people are totally inept and ratty!!! I have a pretty good rig which comply to all their BEST specs!!! But after starting the first patch and getting stuck 3 or four time, I forgot, it still is trying to download after three days TRYING!!!!...these OSOBO guys are either totally inept or Crooks of the fist Kind!!! MS has always been so this is no surprise..What apiece of $%^&*!!!!!!! this is.......I'llwait two weeks for them to solve their server & download situation....what a bunch of goons!!!!!..AMEN!!!! Edited by sky44

I don’t think your accusations are really called for, neither is the constant shouting (use of capitals etc)

Like many others, I for one haven’t had any download or installation problems at all. You haven’t said what your actual specs are. What is your internet connection like for example?

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

No problems here.

Downloaded the patch in 10 minutes and my connection is slow

Its more likely a problem at your machine

There is only one patch, not two

Cancel the download, restart windows, go to Settings/Apps, and do a Repair of your Msfs

Maybe your Windows must have issues, Firewall, Xbox Gaming Services not installed, (I had an issue that on the very first day august 18th, couldnt install it was frozen in the blue bar around 30%, they told me to reinstall Gaming Services (because i had disabled it in the past) and it downloaded normally. Also install Xbox Pass for PC, some say it helps. And make sure your logged on to your microsoft account or Xbox/Steam depending where you purchased

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I was not going to get it till about the third patch because of all these scary horror stories. But Microsoft made it so easy to purchase with Paypal, I didn't even have to get up to go get my credit card.

I have a Gigabit capable modem and a 150Mbps plan, was playing MSFS in about 2 1/2 hours :)

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Can see the usual suspects don't have a single issue. I'm also someone who knows their way around a PC and will rarely have an issue. Most problems you read with PC's are user error but for an installation that should be relatively straight forward as MSFS is set up to be, way too many people are having problems.

From my perspective, I can only assume there are issues for some people or systems with the install procedure/content coming from Microsoft's end.

Mark Daniels

Its not "way too many" its an incredible few bunch, microscopic, so few we shouldnt worry. MSFS sold one million copies as for last week, so i reckon i have seen here about 10-20 threads of installation problems (mind you they are always the same folks but they keep repeating posts) plus another bunch at the other site, discord, MS, so its less than 0,0000...%. And invariably 95% solve their problems quickly, in hours or days.

So the ones that carry on must be a fraction of the fraction, in this forum you plus others that are less than the fingers in my hand

Out of the one million users its easy to count how many have problems cause they will voice it out in forums. Thats why we see first time posters appearing suddenly. If someone cant install he/she will register at some forum and try to solve it. They are not regulars interested in learning or discussing, they just want their product installed and then go back to flying without ever participating in forums again.

And even if you are a decent PC user generally with no issues, sometimes the Know-everything guys that like to tweak windows, use vpn, install stuff, restore, clean, overclock...these users are the most common to get issues. So if you say "experienced user" fine, if you are a total newbie you are also fine, you wont touch anything or do silly things. The problem is with the medium user...

If the sim doesn't install there is no other reason but this: There is a problem with your PC

Just that. No other reason

And that is why the only thing that can be done is suggestions...try this, try that, etc

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Out of the one million users its easy to count how many have problems cause they will voice it out in forums.

This is also repeated and totally false. The ones that appear on forums are generally the ones who try and persist to make the software work. The majority of users who struggle to make a program work after purchase may look at help files, product FAQ's and then simply will give up and ask for a refund. You don't see them on forums.

You only have to scroll the most recent MSFS product reviews and you can see installation and stability issues are a bit greater than a percentage with a decimal in front of it.

Every time I read your posts I get a mental image of a plane breaking apart, heading straight for the ocean, 1,000ft from the end and you, the Kapitan, announcing to the passengers, "Everything is fine folks, it's better than it looks!" lol

Mark Daniels

I for one still cannot download the MSFS2020 since 18th of August. I have searched, read andvapplied tips from various forums to no avail.

It has been a frustrating affair. I know of someone who asked for a refund after this content download debacle.

In my case, the content download is goes into a repetitive loop of downloading a few amount, climbs to like 10%, stops and restart download of same file. The loop can stays on overnight.

Hard to understand why it is easy for most people but for a significant few around the world, it has been a nightmare (for me at least).

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

I have managed to install FS2020, plus the first update patch and am running it. That said, I have some sympathy with both factions represented here, but more sympathy for the complainers.

To say, “It’s working fine for me; therefore, you must be the problem” is not helpful, and discounts the screaming frustration that comes with laying out a C-note, and then having a glitch with nowhere to turn for help.

Take my case: I received a gift card for FS2020 for my birthday, 08/22. (Against my wishes, BTW; I would have preferred to wait a while.) That card was bought in the preceding week. First attempt: “Gift card expired.” Sought tech support from FS site: “Problems at our end; can’t connect.” Opted for callback. Received prompt callback, but not from MS -- from Xbox! “Frank” said he couldn’t help me; transferred to MS. Looooong wait time. MS operator said he couldn’t help me; told me to contact my gift-giver, who would have to go to “point of purchase.”

Cooled off; walked dog. Tried again to redeem gift card: this time, I got a different screen! Error message: “Gift card already redeemed.” $%&)**%$!!! Back to tech support, got prompt callback, again from Xbox. Explained situation, again. This time, “David” (bless his soul) spent 40 minutes on phone with me; verified gift code, walked me through extended process to DL.

This entire saga would have been completely unnecessary, with competent programming, and/or adequate instruction of call center personnel.

Next up: Days later, booted up sim: NOPE! “Mandatory update: click here.” Shunted to MS store; only screen shown encouraged me to purchase FS2020! #^(&%&@%#!!!

Only because I am persistent, started afresh, went to MS Store. Asked to sign in: “Password invalid.” (Oh, baloney! It’s written down right here on a card at my desk and has always worked in the past.) Got email with code to reset password; did so.

Back to MS Store. Had to search for “Flight Simulator,” got to purchase screen; clicked on “Purchase MSFS2020,” just to see what would happen. New screen tells me I already own the sim. (Well, at least they got that one right.) But it also lists the first update as available, with no further comment or instruction. Mystifying. Then, finally, I notice a tiny little icon in the upper right of the screen with the number 1 encircled. Pulled it down: EUREKA! Click for free DL of update. Install same.

I’m spending the time to recount this in hopes someone on this forum, or at MS, or at Xbox will take some time to try to make these complex DLs go more smoothly. Also, to state my conviction that, in the main, the problems do not originate with the customers.

You miss the point

This is a Forum to get help and you only have to go through the threads to see how people are helpful and solve 90% of users doubts and problems

When I go back with sarcasm and say "you must be the problem" or sometimes i really want to point out his stupidity, is because how the problem was presented. As a disrespectful rant...

Im not a telephone operator or an MS employee, just a user as everybody else, simmers that stop flying in order to read a thread and try to help

So when you see: "tough, the problem must be you" read the OP post. For every reaction theres is a counter-reaction. And even then, after a bit of sarcasm, I`ll try to help if I know something

Kapitan

tried this? the last option

Tried to following the above option but, couldn't quite make out what file was being deleted in the video. Here's the files I have. Which one to delete? Thanks

https://i.postimg.cc/CxXGDYg3/Which-Windows-App-to-Delete.jpg

Which Windows App to Delete.JPG

RAM: Team T-Force 32GB CPU: RYZEN 7 3700X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.4 GHz Max Boost) Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 super C Drive: M.2 SSD 1.0tb CPU Air Cooler: DEEPCOOL GAMMAX GTE V2, PSU: Bronze 600W, Flight Stick: Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS, W10