Any Piper Cherokee for FS2020?

I flew a PA28-180 for over 12 years in real life so I have a little emotional attachment, but can't seem to find a good one for FS2020. It's a very popular airplane, with around 33,000 units built worldwide, and a strong competitor to the C172, but somehow I don't know why flight sim softwares don't have a good model to fly with.... I loved flying Cessna 172 and actually learned flying on these, but the Piper Cherokee has a special place in my heart!

Anyhow, that's my rant for the day.

If you can guide me to a good one, would be much appreciated!

The sim was a brand new and the many third party developers are still getting up to speed on the SDK, so it’s a little early to expect too many add-ons just yet. In fact, the SDK itself is still in development, meaning it will be a while for many third party aircraft in particular.

Seeing as they can’t include every aircraft, they do have to make choices. One could argue that having the Cessnas is plenty when it comes to popular aircraft, and having something a bit different is good for variety. Or maybe they do plan to bring out a Piper in a future update or paid add-on. There’s no way they can please everyone.

I was pretty happy to see the variety of GA singles, far better than what we saw in FSX, and way more interesting... Would have liked to see the float beaver again, but hey... what can you do.

3rd Party players will fill the gap pretty soon. The Piper singles are some of the most popular planes in the world, and you can be sure someone will have one available pretty fast.

Varieties is nice. Agree that a hydro floating would be interesting.

Its a matter of taste.

I dont like tailwind planes or experimental, nor acrobatic double wing. Nor the Glass cocpits

So if you add tailwind+experimental+acobatic+glass

the only GA plane left is the C152. So thats the only plane I can fly at the moment

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Varieties is nice. Agree that a hydro floating would be interesting.

Its a matter of taste.

I dont like tailwind planes or experimental, nor acrobatic double wing. Nor the Glass cocpits

So if you add tailwind+experimental+acobatic+glass

the only GA plane left is the C152. So thats the only plane I can fly at the moment

There are several planes that have none these credentials. There is e.g. the C172 classic. And if you like a low wing, you can try the Beech Bonanza (that one is also a bit more complex as you need to control prop and it is also retractable gear.). Alternatively there is also the Cirrus SR22.

That said, there are no A2A level GA aircraft available yet (at least that I know of). Carenado is offering some aircraft (their P3D aircraft were not exactly study level, but pretty good), and I suspect (but don't take my word for it, because I have not bought it) that given the environment on its own already being a lot more realistic than P3D in terms of winds, air pressure, and weather effects on aircraft could possibly rival A2A on FSX or P3D. The C172, for example, qua flight model feels almost as good as the real thing (I have flown a real C172 before)... just the taxiing is a bit off (sensitive) compared to the real thing.