Tiree to Isle of Skye in a Maule

Rupert

Still trying to make build up enough funds to fly the King air home to Jan, I ended up getting a chance to fly some tourists from Tiree to the Isle of Skye above the Dornich Firth and canal to the Isle of Skye.

So I flew a rental Maule into Coll to refuel, then on to Tiree to pick up the passengers. Then, a little overweight I made along looping climb-out before reaching the mountains and on to the Isle of Skye.

1 Approaching EGEL (COLL) to Refuel.jpg

2 Refueling at EGEL.jpg

3 Climbout heading to EGPU (Tiree).jpg

5 Mountains aren't high but very desolate!.jpg

6 S&L at 4,500.jpg

7 Following the Dornia Firth into the mountains.jpg

8 Tiree (EGPU)in sight.jpg

8 Tiree (EGPU)in sight.jpg

11 That's the cana from, the Dornian Firth on the right..jpg

12 Small Lochs make the canal shorter.  That's a Salmon pin in the water..jpg

More shots in the reply.;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

13 Finally Open Water again!.jpg

14 Looking Back.jpg

16 That's the Isle of Skye ahead on the right!.jpg

17 First sight of Ashag ot Bradford Aerodrome (Isle of Skye).jpg

18 Downwind view to 25 at EGEI (Isle of Skye).jpg

19 Taxi to park at EGEI.jpg

Somehow I managed to delete a few shots. And I'm not nearly as good at narration as Aharon! :o But I've seen all I've shown RW and it's much more striking than I could ever show in a sim! In fact I've taken tons of RW pictures and they don't do it justice either!!

Michael

Thanks for the beautiful scenic tour Michael. :cool: :cool: In shot #2 it looks like you're refueling from the largest propane tank you could find. :) Was Jan's credit card accepted for the fuel or was it declined again? :(

Larry

Very nice series of shots! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the beautiful scenic tour Michael. :cool: :cool: In shot #2 it looks like you're refueling from the largest propane tank you could find. :) Was Jan's credit card accepted for the fuel or was it declined again? :(

Actually it is mostly a propane tank but has a section that is separated by a steel partition from the main tank inside for storing AvGas or Jet fuel as well. That's not hugely uncommon in other places either. I've seen it even in the US. Actually in several places in the world they are flying aircraft and driving cars and trucks using LPG! It burns faster but is hugely better for the environment!!

As to Jan? I can't understand why he is so against me bringing his green King Air home to him!! If I just had a little help, it'd be there within a few days!!!:eek:I almost think he doesn't want his plane back!

Dear Jan, If you don't want your green King Air returned please let me know!! I know it's just another unused plane in your hanger, and it's still even dry!! But as much as I enjoyed the loan, I'm starting to feel taken advantage of!

And yes, I did pay out of my own pocket for the overdue annual inspection!! Is that how you treat the rest of the planes in your hanger??

Michael

Edited by Rupert