THANK YOU 1st Adopters !

I wanted to express my sincere thanks to all the MFS 2020 first adopters, AKA the true unpaid Microsoft Quality Control Department.

Without your devotion to the process those of us who always wait a while wouldn't get all these immediately known issues resolved before we jumped in with both feet and paid for MFS 2020 Revision 1 when it comes out.

Reading about all the obvious and glaring issues just getting the software installed AND operating correctly I DO have to question the validity of that whole Beta test phase they did. If all these problems still exist upon release, how crummy was it working during beta that they felt ready to rock and roll now?............ or is simply the typical reality of high tech gaming? I admit I'm NOT any sort of gamer, but I have played Solitaire on my PC.

Pretty scenery and realistic weather is nice I suppose, but personally I'd like planes that fly like real planes. But that just 'late adopter' me - lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I must have been lucky but I've played for hours now and not had a single crash, nor any other annoyances that outweigh the benefit of the scenery.

One big issue I do have though is that the game runs your graphics card like the clappers when on the menu and also when paused! All because of some fancy background animation they have. Really hope they fix this soon.

Iain

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

AMD RADEON RX 5700XT

I must have also been lucky, no installation problems and no

issues that have stopped me flying. The flight model is waay better than FSX,

the scenery is waay better than FSX, the frame rate is waay better than FSX ,

the ai/real world aircraft look waay better than FSX. The default aircraft have more

features than FSX did at release. The weather is waay better than default FSX....

need I go on?

Sure there are things i would personally like to improve my home cockpit

experience but until that arrives i am having waay more fun than flying

FSX which has since departed my PC.

My advice, don't wait !

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

I purchased MSFS the first week and glad that I did. I have been simming since FS98 and must say MSFS is excellent for a beta release. Things will get fixed just as they have with other past versions.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Installed fine and haven’t had any problems other than the occasional autopilot wonkiness, that can be easily worked around.

Meanwhile I’ve spent the last two days island hopping a Caravan from Bali to Papua New Guinea and down the length of the county to Port Moresby.

I know beta tests and this is no beta test. It’s the first release of a mammoth and complex program.

This has got to be the nicest possible troll thread I've ever seen :)

BTW, I'm getting ready to buy it. Has the Aug 27th patch...

We are in the final stages of prepping the upcoming patch for release next week. The team has been actively working on addressing issues impacting download and installation issues as a priority for this patch.

...been applied yet?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

THANKS! Will watch for announcement
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

plainsman said it took his Premium Deluxe package.

Me thinks I'll wait til next week to see if the patch causes different problems :p

plainsman said it took his Premium Deluxe package.

Me thinks I'll wait til next week to see if the patch causes different problems :p

That's probably a good idea. If FS updates are anything like Windows 10 updates, then we may be in for some hilarity.

With all that said, I do hope they make swift progress because I'm itching to give Microsoft my money.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

"This has got to be the nicest possible troll thread I've ever seen "

not a troll thread I assure you, just a retired geezer with a life-long passion for aviation, EAA AirVenture tram conductor and all around good guy. I truly appreciate that those who are the first to buy ANYTHING first time on the market have always been the ones who find the bugs the developers and engineers never seem to discover.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

@ chicagorandy

I by it and i can play it. It was clear to have a good change after reading the postings about problems and no-problems. For me i know i want to have it if i can play it. If i cant play it now i must see why and perhaps wait. But what i lost if i by it now and not later?