Had a scare tonight...

kingnorris

Lost my FSDreamteam airport buildings, and GSX stopped working after a fatal error crash, after installing a Southwest Airlines Posky package. Control+F12 did nothing to activate the GSX. It was as if I never purchased it, even though it was shown as active!! I redownloaded FSDT's addon manager, however, that install went crazy with errors and afterward, FSX crashed at the splash screen!!!

Thinking my flying days were over, I did a restore to an earlier point, to no avail. Still crashed at the screen. No error log was made because the sim failed to start!

Finally, I googled my issue and it led me to FSDT's forums, where there was info on a new version of their standalone manager. After I downloaded that, all was back to normal.

So, moral of the story-----Not sure if this package was the culprit, but as I've read here so often, it was the last change I made. And, the fatal error occurred while I was test flying it, so.....

I'm just relieved (and so is my hair!) I got it up and running again..

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Speaking of weird stuff, i was looking at my planes on my screen selection and comparing them to my files checking for addons and such. So I'm looking at this AirCanada 737-Max i have, the plane in front of me with the cockpit open but i could not find that on my list of planes until i discovered i had labeled it 787-Max. So I changed the name on the file in my fsx simobjets files and then i closed the screen and then reopened it to see what happened. Well the plane was gone and it said "cannot display this image". Now, i swear all i did was change the name on the file. What do you supposed caused the change?

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Glad you're normal again! So...what is the filename of the Southwest POSKY Package so I can check it out and verify it being the culprit.

I goofed. It was a TDS 737-800 after I attempted a default VC panel merge. First sign of trouble after the failed attempt was a static sound that cut in and out. Followed by a black screen when I quit FSX, then the fatal error. Then.....well let's just say, my night wasn't a good one. I rehearsed my sailor speak, and gave myself a haircut with my hands.....

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Archived