If You Could Combine 2020 With FSX MS Would Have Something

I have to agree, the FSX and even FS2004 had several things that this new FS doesn't. My only hope left is that with time these will be updated and integrated too. Otherwise in the future I will start looking seriously into other FS.

Problem is, FSX has so many issues running on modern systems, even with the Dovetail tweaks that once (if!) Asobo and MS sort out the initial bugs the only thing we will miss is - as mentioned above - the plethora of add-n content.

Well said Vern. FSX is still such a mess of a program that add-on developers have a minefield of bugs and glitches to work around. Never look back.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have a perfect working P3dv4.5 with a bunch of self optimized and custom made aircrafts that I realy love. Also spend a lot of money for scenery that never looked so good as MSFS. I will use MSFS for about ~85% of my flying and in 2 or 3 years 99% when I have the my most wanted aircraft. P3d and also my old FS2004 will ever stay on my disk so I can ever make a retro flight when my head need one :) I'm realy happy that this old fsx engine is history!

Problem is, FSX has so many issues running on modern systems, ...

Hi everyone.

Can you elaborate on this?

I am running FSX Gold in 4K with Ortho, see some posts from flytv1. I have very few addons What I needed I created myself for the the people that I normally interface with, like the 182RG, with some modified flight dynamics air files for 172, 182.. to be able to do some decent Spins, L8...

I fail to see what is missing compared to FSXX in a typical Xcty flight, around 5-6000 ft.?

I analyzed / compared a few airports that I fly into regularly and the FSXX is worse than FSX, XP11....

when it comes to being a complete recognizable airport.

I am not interested in the Scenery past the point where I would use it in flight, which I can typically get with FSX and XP11 with Ortho.

I can see my real house any time from a real World flight, and I am not interested in flying over some Joe blows house, but if FSXX does not provide a realistic view of the actual airports when I need it, during approach and landing, what else are we getting?

I looked at some videos, Sedona, Grand Canyon Big Bear.. that showed some area that I know very well and None of them looked very real. The colors were way off, trees in the wrong place weird looking buildings.... John Wayne airport has the wrong tower shape, trees in the wrong place completely changing the feel on the approach, is missing other Obstacles, Antennas....

At this point I do Not have the new sim, due to the ridiculous distribution procedure, and I can only comment from what I've seen from others. But these are areas that I know very well and there were some good quality videos that I've seen and I can compare with.