CHEAP (Almost FREE) way to get MSFS!

I am not sure if anyone posted this or not so I thought I would put it out there. Microsoft has for the XBOX something called the XBOX game pass where you pay a monthly fee and you get access to several games (and new ones added each month). Well, They JUST added XBOX Pass for PC! Which is the same concept, BUT for PC games! This pass HAS MSFS included! The first month is only $1, and then each subsequent month is only $4.99. So for LESS than the price of the regular game you can play it for over an entire year! WELL worth doing if you want to "try it out" OR if you don't have a lot of money to spend!

Enjoy! It works great!

i used FS9 for 4 years

I used FSX for 12 years.

5 dollars a month is 60 a year, the price of the standard version, the one i am using

You arrived at a place of regular simmers, this is our hobby. We are not here just to use it for one year then go to Fifa, Racing or Fortnite

Pass? Most Flight Simmers dont play other games.

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

However, the OP raised an interesting point: in my case, I signed up for the XBOX Game Pass, because it's an inexpensive way of actually checking if my computer was up to the task. I signed up, knowing that, if I didn't like it, I could unsuscribe and I would have lost only $1.

And, if I liked it, I could unsuscribe and then purchase the whole thing.

Well, I lost $1. Call it the price of curiosity...

Best regards,

Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

ok, true

for trial is ideal.

Its that being a simmer, I dont try a sim, I go for it

Its my hobby. If MS releases a sim I buy it, i dont "try it out to see if i will like it"

even if i dont have the computer specs for smoothness, i'll have it and run it at minimums.

Its the MS saga and my main hobby, cannot turn it away

we all know flightsims dont come perfect

part of the hobby is tweaking to your windows specs (other programs interfering) and machine. They are all different. Its not a console

Its a manipulative sim that makes the hobby fun

So the first months there always frustrations of some kind.

If you pay a dollar to try it, if you want a no-issues sim, you will be disappointed and should interrupt the pass?

I know I wouldnt do that...will keep it for the next years

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

by paying a fee per month I believe you dont own the sim, only essential Content is installed in your drive, so that goes against the need of owing it to tweak it.

But I understand if tou have kids that just want to try it and they play other pc games and usually change their minds fast on interests from one game to another a pass is a good idea

Kapitan

Microsoft did say from the beginning that the sim was going to be included in the Xbox Game Pass for PC. The $1 promo is a great way to try the sim out. And one more feature with the Game Pass is that after 30 or so days, typically, you can buy any of the included titles at a discount to keep permanently.

by paying a fee per month I believe you dont own the sim, only essential Content is installed in your drive, so that goes against the need of owing it to tweak it.

But I understand if tou have kids that just want to try it and they play other pc games and usually change their minds fast on interests from one game to another a pass is a good idea

The sim installs exactly the same way, including all content and packages, whether you get it from the MS Store or through Xbox Game Pass. How do I know? Because that's how it's currently installed on my PC at the moment. Plenty of simmers also play games too.

i used FS9 for 4 years

I used FSX for 12 years.

5 dollars a month is 60 a year, the price of the standard version, the one i am using

You arrived at a place of regular simmers, this is our hobby. We are not here just to use it for one year then go to Fifa, Racing or Fortnite

Pass? Most Flight Simmers dont play other games.

I play other PC games besides flight sims on my gaming PC. Wouldn't a PC that is powerful enough for flight sims be powerful enough for gaming as well or are most flight simmers dedicating their PC just for flight sims and just use a console for gaming if they game at all despite having a high powered PC or do mean that most flight simmers don't play other games period whether it's console or PC gaming? I can understand that if someone uses the PC for a home-built flight sim cockpit not wanting to use that same PC for other PC games besides flight sims, but I just use a basic joystick for flight sims, don't have a home-built cockpit, no multi-monitor setup, and use a basic computer desk, and of course an XBox One X controller for other PC games. I guess I'm not a true flight simmer, but more of a general PC gamer?

Edited by Dave68