posting here for extra views.Ethernet problem can't enable

HoratioWondersocks

Hello All

This morning I tried to install a usb wireless dongle on to my pc .

I tried everything to get it to work but with no joy .

In the end I gave up and reconnected my yellow Ethernet cable ,put this down to experience.

Now I can't connect via the Ethernet cable either.

I keep trying to enable it but it simply won't connect.

I have tried uninstalling the Ethernet through device manager in the hope it will reinstall the correct drivers ,but that didn't work either.

I am stumped ,not only stumped but with no internet connection on my pc either.

Can anyone help with this ?

I can't call TalkTalk (my service provider) because they are running minimum staff because of Covid.

Thanks Andy

Since you've no internet connection now, you'll have to install the drivers from disk.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Since you've no internet connection now, you'll have to install the drivers from disk.

Hello Tim

I am at present trying a reinstall of Windows in the hope that may fix things.

Update...

I now have restored my internet connection....Hoorah.....But now have to reinstall all sorts of other utilities etc that have been affected by my reinstall....Hissss!

All this because I tried to add a twelve quid wireless dongle !

And that didn't work either .

I don't think argos do refunds in these cases.

Bloody Hell twelve quid wasted and a buggered up windows to boot

Happy days😂

Cheers Andy

The joys of flightsimming Andy! I had a similar episode last month when I installed a new HDD and accidentally selected a RAID format for it... long story short, it took me a week to get the whole PC back to normal.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

The joys of flightsimming Andy! I had a similar episode last month when I installed a new HDD and accidentally selected a RAID format for it... long story short, it took me a week to get the whole PC back to normal.

Absolutely I feel your pain :)

I must have been sat in front of my PC for about eight or nine hours yesterday trying to sort out all these problems, my eyes burnt and back ached.

A repair rein of Windows fixed the internet problem, but in the process I lost my rather good freeware weather program FsrealWX Pro (freeware) and sadly no longer available at the FsrealWX site , I now have to settle for FsrealWX lite which has fewer options ,is a little slow at installing weather and just has a less pollished look about it.

Another minor point my Fs9 exe (little aeroplane)has changed to what looks a little like a white notepad icon ,as has the shortcut on the desktop . Fs9 still runs but I do like things to be right.

Cheers Andrew