Has Anyone Figured Out...

Question 1, I cant help..

Question 2. The way we play multiplayer is to use a third party conversation app ( Discord )

other types are available. Very important that you are on the same server ( Drop down under your logo top right of the screen) otherwise you wont see the other player you want to fly with, just everyone who is on the same server as you are now. May be not the perfect solution but one that works for us.

Max

PS. Discord support TXT and video via webcam.

Another way could be create a room in Facebook messenger or ZOOM. Multiple players could join in as well

I have seen a topic posted that describes how to set up a camera for an individual aircraft for the clear view ahead, but not including the HUD. Will that help as a temp solution?

This is a workaround to get a forward view without instruments.

You do this by creating a custom camera beyond the limits of the cockpit.

You need to have keys assigned to move around within the cockpit.

You move to the center and as far forward as you can, looking forward over the dash.

Then create a custom camera (ctrl / alt / 0) .

Exit the sim.

Then take a look in the aircraft folder created here …

C:\Users"Your ID"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects

There should be a folder with your aircraft and a camera.cfg file within

Backup this file.

Load the file and edit the InitialXyz = xxx,xxx,xxx at the bottom of the camera definition.

I added 1 to the 3rd number against InitialXyz and saved.

Reload the sim and load your aircraft.

In my case, I selected the custom cam in the sim (alt / 0) which moved me forward 1ft, beyond the instruments, still behind the prop (c172 in my case).

I now have a clear view with no instruments in the way.

BONUS. I can now do a walk around the plane using the defined cockpit movement keys.

From a simmer named smoothchat.

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I will have to play around with that...

In the meantime a couple more.

1. How on earth do you collect screenshots? Okay PrtScr gives a capture which can be pasted in a paint programme, but I can't see any formal way of collecting snapshots into a specific folder.

2. And following on from that topic - no built in flight video recorder?

I searched in vain for any option under (all) key commands related to both of the above.

Vern.

1. How on earth do you collect screenshots? Okay PrtScr gives a capture which can be pasted in a paint programme, but I can't see any formal way of collecting snapshots into a specific folder.

I searched in vain for any option under (all) key commands related to both of the above.

Maybe in later updates? I wouldn't hold my breath! :rolleyes:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Vern, press the Windows key+G. This is your XBox Game Bar. The top left window is your Capture window where you can take an in-sim screenshot or video. Just press Windows key+G to close the game bar again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64