My first FDE mod

The Bonanza G36 is my current favourite, and seems a little underpowered according to a Bonanza pilot on the MSFS forums.

I found the aircraft.cfg has been divided into 8 separate .cfg files for ai, aircraft, cameras, cockpit, engines, flight_model, gameplay and systems. I edited the engines.cfg and the flight_model.cfg only.

It can be located at: C:\Users\>\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-bonanza-g36\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_Bonanza_G36

In the engines.cfg I changed the [Piston_Engine] power scalar from 1 to 1.2, thereby increasing the power by 20%.

I also changed the [GeneralEngineData] fuel flow scalar from 1 to 0.7, thereby increasing the range purely for my own preference.

In the flight_model.cfg I changed the [Flight_Tuning] pitch, roll and yaw stability from 0.25 to 0.75, thereby increasing stability by 50%.

I changed the p_factor, torque on roll, gyro precession, engine wash and rudder engine wash to 0.2 thereby reducing the overall torque effect to 20%.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Increasing the [Piston_Engine] power scalar from 1 to 1.2 makes the plane surge forward when starting from cold and dark, so to plan B: Reduce drag instead of increasing power.

The mod is now as follows:

In the engines.cfg I changed the [GeneralEngineData] fuel flow scalar from 1 to 0.7, thereby increasing the fuel range purely for my own preference.

In the flight_model.cfg I changed the [Flight_Tuning] parasite drag scalar from 1 to 0.5 thereby reducing drag by 50%.

I changed the pitch, roll and yaw stability from 0.25 to 0.75, thereby increasing stability by 50%.

I changed the p_factor, torque on roll, gyro precession, engine wash and rudder engine wash to 0.2 thereby reducing the overall torque effect to 20%.

Edit: Tried, Tested and working perfectly - no side effects and more speed, more stability, more range.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64