as far as we know... there is no more cockpit/virtual cockpit.... it's only virtual cockpit. all the gauges work, all the switches, buttons, toggles and rollers work. There is an option, but you must use your mouse - right click + hold to pan the view in both the cockpit and the exterior views. I myself fly using a yoke/pedals, the mouse and the keyboard.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Is there something similar to the FSX virtual cockpit in MSFS 2020... a means by which to pan left and right instead of the hat going either full left or right?

paninng with a Hat switch has been possible ever since 2004 with fs9. We all use it since we were little kids

I bought my first joystick Sidewinder II with hat switch back in year 2000

In MsFS of course you MUST use it, unless you have IRtracking or VR oculus

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Actually I just use the mouse for panning around in MSFS. It’s so simple

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Ok so I can't copy the links into this forum but there are several links in the Microsoft flight simulator forum. U just remap the keys in the camera menu . Inside camera menu there is sub heading cockpit and external.view. Decouple your hat switch from quick view left, right, up, down, to look right, look left, look up, look down.

My system

MSI GE75 Raider

Intel Core i7 10750H CPU 32 GB Ram

2T SSD HD Geforce RTX 2080 Super

I've disabled the mouse view options, the scroll wheel was zooming in or out when I was trying to adjust the Alt knob, vertical speed selector etc. and it became very annoying. I only use the Hat Switch on my CH Flight Yoke for viewing now, it keeps things simple.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Actually I just use the mouse for panning around in MSFS. It’s so simple

Regards

Steve

i never liked the Mouse, its too fast, and like Tiger1962, sometimes by mistake the wheel interferes, but if it was possible to reduce the mouse movement sensitivity, it may be worth another try.

Nevertheless i suspect nothing beats the hat switch, cause when you are flying you are hokding the stick, firmly and concentrated. If you want to have quick glimpses up and down thru the window or inside, the hat is at the tip if the fingers.

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I can’t say I’ve ever had a problem with my mouse wheel rotating when I click it (I presume you know you don’t have to keep it held down to pan) I personally have got used to looking around that way.

I only really use my hat switch to reset the view forward LOL

I used to use TrackIR - I might even dig it out again sometime. (mind you.. VR might be here soon)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles