The Alaska Milk Run Part 1: Seattle to Ketchikan

I've had the iFly 737 for a few months now (couldn't bring myself to pay the high price for the PMDG), but only have a few flights in it. I've been looking for some flights to do in order to get more comfortable with it, and when I came across a video on Youtube of the Alaska Airlines milk run, I knew it would be a perfect opportunity. I believe the milk run is a pretty well known route in the aviation industry, but if you're not familiar with it the route starts in Seattle, stops at the small Alaskan towns of Ketchikan, Wrangell and Petersburg before making final stops in Juneau and Anchorage. There is also a route that goes in reverse order as well. No better way to get comfortable with a complicated airplane than flying difficult approaches through high terrain!

Here is leg one of our trip as we go from Seattle-Tacoma to Ketchikan, Alaska. At nearly two hours long this is the longest leg of the milk run.

Alaska_1.jpg

Taxiing out at Seattle as an American 737 departs in the background heading to JFK

Alaska_2.jpg

Climbing off of 16L. It wasn't as cloudy as I expected, so we had a nice view of Seattle on our climb out

Alaska_3.jpg

Catching one last view of the nice scenery before going above the cloud layer that would be with us during the rest of the flight

Alaska_4.jpg

A rare break in the clouds as we near our cruise altitude

Alaska_5.jpg

The flight deck of the 737

Alaska_6.jpg

Clouds are still holding strong as we descend into Ketchikan

Alaska_7.jpg

Getting a nice view of the Alaskan scenery as we near the airport

Alaska_8.jpg

Established on the ILS for runway 11, heading for a surprisingly smooth touchdown considering how much I've flown this

Alaska_9.jpg

Welcome to Ketchikan

Alaska_10.jpg

Some company joining us on the ramp. I had my Ultimate Traffic Live going and heard the AI version of Alaska 65 taxiing in Seattle, so that may be our counterpart on the ramp

The next three legs are all pretty short, and a few involve difficult approaches, so that will certainly test my ability with the 737. Thanks for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Super shots of the 737! Looks like a great route to fly.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Great flight and shots! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks guys! I’m down the shore (that’s what Philly people call going to the Jersey Shore) for the weekend, but I’m looking forward to finishing the rest of the legs next week.
Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD