Never look back

Even if i had to fly just the Cessna 152 forever, no other plane available, I still would keep MSFS2020 and never go back to the other sims.

And we know there is much more to come, we are in day 2

MS will release patches without you even noticing, since the sim is updated every time you start

I am concentrating in learning the new features, testing...and always checking the forums to read tips or findings, unfortunaltely the majority are complaints. If the sim is not approved by you, so far, you can go back to fsx/p3d/xplane and be active in their forums, I uninstalled them And have no regrets

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

I absolutely agree :)

We’ve never had it so good... & it’ll get even better. I can’t see me ever launching XP11 or P3D ever again.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Totally agree Kapitan.

My XPlane 11 and FSX are now sleeping on an external HD. Do miss a couple of their planes though.

Also most asked questions are already subject of discussion in this and other forums. Let their fingers do the walking.

My old versions (including my FSX Beta version) are well and truly parked in a big folder of DVDs, never to be used again!

But for all those poor people out there with no sense of adventure, I wish that they'd included a user manual with the Sim! I know, it'll come. In the mean time I'm fencing questions pouring into a thread in the Microsoft Community site under "https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_wowpc-xba_gowpc/manual-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-2020/f8f1473c-2380-4cb4-b9e5-c3e5bb1b02f2?messageId=048ed538-bb4e-4bbc-868a-034e405b50a4", where there are a number of very distressed would be armchair aviators.

John Glossop

Lapsed FSX scenery developer

It might be because I’m not a hardcore simmer but just someone looking to get a taste of what life could be as a rich guy pilot, but I’m thrilled with this even if it isn’t hard core enough for real pilots and experienced simmers.

On the ‘hard’ settings it challenges me to learn and keep learning. It punishes me when I mess up and I get vicarious experiences like sunrise over New York or simply flying from Donegal to a glider strip near me And running into fog.

I trie FSX but couldn’t get past the terrible scenery but this scenery is superb so long as you don’t know the area well, in which case you see something good but not 100% accurate. It was good enough for an unternet friend to navigate me to his house in a large town. Like with FSX there are still trees covering every available surface though. They really need to understand that Southern England isn’t actually a primordial rain forest. I exaggerate slightly but seeing trees all over the hills where I grew up was disappointing.

My, or at least someone’s, kingdom for a Jurassic Coast Scenery Pack.