Joystick not supported?

I have used a Logitech Force 3D Pro joystick in FSX for years.

Today I installed MSFS and it doesn't seem to recognize it. Do I have to do something, or does this mean I can't use it? Will they maybe add support for it in the future?

Thank you,

Teodor

So it loads the controls screen with the name of the stick at the top but a big blank middle panel? Yeah?

You have to configure all bindings manually. So play with the filter (I suggest choosing Essentials first) to find the control command you want. There are two columns on the right where you can enter the input device (keystroke or joy button etc). Use the first one.

When you assign the X, Y, and Z axis don't use the (example) Aileron Left and the Aileron Right commands. Use the Aileron X Axis command. I got my Sidewinder Precision Pro2 working this way.

keybindings1035x534.png

Edited by Westridge341

When you assign the X, Y, and Z axis don't use the (example) Aileron Left and the Aileron Right commands. Use the Aileron X Axis command. I got my Sidewinder Precision Pro2 working this way.

Similarly, for throttles, look for the "Throttle Axis" command.

I have used a Logitech Force 3D Pro joystick in FSX for years.

Today I installed MSFS and it doesn't seem to recognize it. Do I have to do something, or does this mean I can't use it? Will they maybe add support for it in the future?

Thank you,

Teodor

I have a Logitech 3D Pro and I can confirm that it DOES WORK !

The caveat is not everything is mapped the way I want it. But...

1. Throttle is automatically mapped to the + - lever up front.

X axis joystick is alerons , y axis joystick is elevators, z axis joystick is rudder.

All of those worked they way I expected, fresh off the install.

However, the buttons are a different story... though the hat-witch will control cameras both inside and outside the airplane.

But they require tweaking, as does a whole bunch of other stuff that I'm not used to. Simply because I was accustomed to my personal mappings to the 7 through 12 buttons on the base of the unit from my FS9/X days.

But to put your mind at ease, yes this program will work with your joystick.

Same here wuith my Logitecch Force 3D PRO.

Everything in my Windows 10 / 64 bit works / Checked all movements in Windows Configuration/apparatus

I can configure all knobs in FS2020 settings . IN Game all knobs , also LOOK around works BUT

In settings i can see that de sim see my movements pitch yaw roll trottle but after starting up the &*%$%#%$#$%^$#%$GAME:

NO PITCH, NO YAW , etc AND NO TROTTLE

FS2020 ( i have it 4 days now : NEVER FLOWN 1 km because it is IMPOSSIBLE to set up and use the Force 3D PRO in a normal manner !!!!!)

DESASTER, DESASTER , DESASTER this (&*^&%%^^&$&^%%E*#&%W@%$$@@@@fs2020sim

Intel® Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz 10 Cores 20 Logic Processors , NVIDIA RT 2080Ti , ASUS-ROG STRIX Z490-H Gaming MoBo, 64Gb-JibJaw RAM , M2_2 970EVO SSD , M2_1 MLM2x30 Kinston 2Tb , OS- Windows10/64bit

you are wrong: its a DESASTER!!!!!!

no smooth action possible and THROTTLE : IS NOT THERE in the FS 2020 SIM !

Intel® Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz 10 Cores 20 Logic Processors , NVIDIA RT 2080Ti , ASUS-ROG STRIX Z490-H Gaming MoBo, 64Gb-JibJaw RAM , M2_2 970EVO SSD , M2_1 MLM2x30 Kinston 2Tb , OS- Windows10/64bit

You know whats the problem?

I just checked youtube and there are still no videos teaching how to configure the POV hat switch, there half a dozen tutorials of how to set the Axis, but not the POV.

That is the reason they come to the forums for help.

Very soon hundreds of kids will post videos showing how to set up views and cameras and things will be quiet in that respect

In the meantime, since there are no tutorials in youtube yet, post a print of where you think you have configured it and will gladly help you directing you to the right switches

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

You know whats the problem?

I just checked youtube and there are still no videos teaching how to configure the POV hat switch, there half a dozen tutorials of how to set the Axis, but not the POV.

That is the reason they come to the forums for help.

Very soon hundreds of kids will post videos showing how to set up views and cameras and things will be quiet in that respect

In the meantime, since there are no tutorials in youtube yet, post a print of where you think you have configured it and will gladly help you directing you to the right switches

at about 4 and a half minutes does it for you. It was loaded up yesterday.

John Glossop

Lapsed FSX scenery developer

Thanks John, it will help the original poster

I have it configured ok from day one

Videos are the best tutorials, and for those who ask for Manuals...i say YOUTUBE is the manual

Kapitan

Yes, i saw you finally found it

Problem was that you were looking in the wrong place, in Sensitivity (wrong), or in Flight Surface Control (wrong), its in the Power Management, when i told you these things you posted a print of the right place with the R Slider which you learned by reading the response, otherwise that was the first print you should have sent if you had set it right

Now go and do some flying boy

Kapitan

Solution For Joystick FS2020 Drama:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?324150-Joystick-problems/page3

and look at this 4 min:

Solution For Joystick FS2020 Drama:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?324150-Joystick-problems/page3

and look at this 4 min:

Exactly!

That link youtube video will help you and as i said in the thread where that link was posted soon there will be videos for all your doubts. Youtube is the best manual.

Glad its sorted

Kapitan

i too have been having a nightmare with the joysticks that i own i have a sidewinder that i have managed to get to work in a fashion until i get something better game controllers in general seem to be in short supply with the problems i have had scince getting mfs20 its going to be costly to get it where i would like it to be, dont get me wrong im no ace of the skys very the opposite lol but after FSX i thought i would start and do things properly i have what i thought was a high end spce at least you would have thought so for £1200 anyway its struggling mainly with frame rates here we go again lol my specs are z170x-gameing 7 board

16gigs of DDR 4 ram @1066

Nvidia Geforce1070 8gig onboard

intel Core i7-6700 cpu@4.00ghz

Several HDD

Apreciate any comments help Advice etc

thanks

the smoothness in FS2020 is STILL an issue he!!!! Nothing to do with your joystick.

16gigs of DDR 4 ram @1066 >> should be 32 gb , then youll get a very good result.