Really very disappointed.

Loving it. Can't get anything to work on my Saitek X-52 and can't land because I can't find out how to make the brakes work, but just in love with it....

Hmmmmm, the X52 and pro are on the recommended peripherals ! Still having issues ? I have not d loaded 2020 yet and I also have the X52. Thanks !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

I don't think the ATC is that sophisticated (yet). Messages seem very erratic and taxiing to the parking at Bournemouth I had two AI heavies taxi straight towards me with no warning from ground to any of the aircraft. So I would say it's worse than FS9 or FSX default ATC.

When landing, then Taxi does the ATC give you the gate you are assigned or just a general " Taxi to GA " ? I see MSFS has a nice Airport Map and I hate using the progressive Taxi due to not getting what gate/ramp number ! Thanks !

FSX. As of now I have 3 laptops all utilizing & linked to FSX, 1 - 32" TV for Gages, 40" TV for Main View. Saitek Pro Flight Control System. Am building a new rig and flight deck. Most likely going to X-Plane 11 for Sim. Also might buy MFS2020 for the pretty Pictures.

I tried downloading the installer and documentation but nothing happens...... is it disabled?

Did you run the installer? If so, then open the the SDK folder, go to documents folder, open the HTML file and read! Note that there are several sections of the SDK that are still "to do".

Did you run the installer? If so, then open the the SDK folder, go to documents folder, open the HTML file and read! Note that there are several sections of the SDK that are still "to do".

When I click on the installer at the top of the screen nothing happens... I would have thought a new window would have come up allowing me to install the SDK.

Also when going back into the flightsim even though Developer is active the SDK menu has gone at the top and Marketplace is disabled.

Edited by rjord

I don't think the ATC is that sophisticated (yet). Messages seem very erratic and taxiing to the parking at Bournemouth I had two AI heavies taxi straight towards me with no warning from ground to any of the aircraft. So I would say it's worse than FS9 or FSX default ATC.

On first look it seems pretty much the same as FSX to me except that on my first IFR flight I lost the sound of ATC on a few messages (they were still in the text window). The flight planner has SIDs and STARs built in.

Now that is something I didn't want to hear (no pun intended).

Like I said a few times already on other topics. I'm going to wait a good while for all the bugs to get worked out and hope future updates bring this Sim to my standards before I even THINK of building a new PC for Winblows 10 and paying for the top tier Flight Simulator version. So with that, I'll continue to be a happy FSX pilot for the foreseeable future. LOL Just have too much invested in it anyway, and would really like to take advantage of PMDG's 737NG offering for this new Sim and hope Little NavMap is updated for use with this new Sim. I have two monitors for this purpose after all.

Edited by CRJ_simpilot

When I click on the installer at the top of the screen nothing happens... I would have thought a new window would have come up allowing me to install the SDK.

Also when going back into the flightsim even though Developer is active the SDK menu has gone at the top and Marketplace is disabled.

I eventually got this working..... I had to log out of steam, exit steam, go back into steam, and then it worked and I can now download the SDK.

Hi there,

Would you happen to know how to change the music?

Would you also happen to know if you can park you plane on the apron and start there rather than on the runway?

Thank you so much for your time.

Regards,

AYS.

In Options/General/Music Selection - there are 3 music themes to choose from.

It must be buried deep, because I could not find the path to where those sounds are stored, and even then, if we'd be able to modify them with our own music files.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Maybe I am just too old and stupid but this version is full of frustration and not fun at all. No documentation on any aircraft, no pop up gauges, views can be different from plane to plane and a real hassle, at least for me to get right. Take off and one or more gauges goes blank or blinks - aside from the incredible scenery it's been no fun for me. I am on since Monday and have gotten no where and have watched all the control setup videos multiple times. Even downloaded the Cessna available in the store, again no documentation and you can't look left - what the?

Anyway back to FSX and P3D for me. In my opinion Lockheed and Xplane have no worries

EXACTLY! I asked for a refund and got it today. The views just killed it for me. I really want exterior views like I get from XP11 and P3D where I can use the hat switch to pan around. But no! You cant do that in this sim. And that just killed it. Not to mention all the other bugs to deal with. Maybe once the patch it or do an update. But not now.

They do have a guide fro setting up the camera controls and using them.

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016003159

I think the larger problem is that there is very little documentation in the sim itself to help people find what they're looking for. Much of what people have asked about is there, just not obvious enough, apparently.

To pan around, just hold down the right mouse button and scroll around. I was getting frustrated by the joystick hat being an on/off function but now I know how to re-position the view that is another slight improvement in the experience, building from what we had on Thursday.
Vern.

Been having fun with this sim for 3 days now and all I can say is Wow! This is the best Flight sim by far I've ever used, started in 1986 and had every Microsoft flight sim since and Xplane 11. Sure it has a few bugs, my system is a I7 8900K with a GTX 1080ti, 32 GB of DDR4 ram at 1440p. Unbelievable! I love it!!

To pan around, just hold down the right mouse button and scroll around. I was getting frustrated by the joystick hat being an on/off function but now I know how to re-position the view that is another slight improvement in the experience, building from what we had on Thursday.

Which view commands did you map to your hat switch? There are few different options.

Haven't mapped anything to the hat yet, TBH I was finding the mouse more convenient. When settled in level flight with the AP on (when it works!) you are more likely to be used KBM anyway.

Panning is poor with the mouse and the program automatically programs the Thrustmaster hat to internal/external snap to. Would love a smooth pan to the hat and not one that has little smoothness. I did like the fact the switch to view and touch was so seamless with the scroll button.

AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz oc'd to 4.4, 16 gig 2133 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 980Ti w/4gig

OS=Windows 10 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration & P3d v3, 4, 5 REXII, OrbX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

John

Haven't mapped anything to the hat yet, TBH I was finding the mouse more convenient. When settled in level flight with the AP on (when it works!) you are more likely to be used KBM anyway.

Check the mappings for the hat switch. There are a few options for POV. Panning around works fine for me.